Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Ohhh the calamity! This is getting good, count me in for over-optimistic 'burn the house down' fallout :-D

Guys, come-on seriously, I'd bet my left nut there is NO WAY this guy comes through and if he does he is DONE here, what a nightmare of failure in communications/logistics/not even being able to tell a good/convincing lie.

EDIT: I sincerely feel for all your anguish fellow STHers :-(

Last edited:

KioskAdmin

Jan 20, 2015
After seeing the big QB refund, that is a huge red flag. If PayPal closed someone's account and refunded everyone, nobody would give that someone money. Filing the complaint would be a good first step. Hopefully someone has a friend at a law enforcement agency so some heat can get turned up.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
After seeing the big QB refund, that is a huge red flag. If PayPal closed someone's account and refunded everyone, nobody would give that someone money. Filing the complaint would be a good first step. Hopefully someone has a friend at a law enforcement agency so some heat can get turned up.
That, and meeting in person and never showed up.

I don't know about everyone else but if I discussed meeting in person to unload a lot of gear that would be 100x better than shipping and doing logistics with freight... that should be a HUGE red flag this is a scam!

Where are the updates from people 'waiting' for tracking #s on Friday and Saturday this past week/end?
I don't see an update from 1 of them.
(Well @warlockedyou snuck a post in there I guess ;) so 1 person, never got tracking #)

If you don't have a tracking # then you really owe it to the community to speak up and let everyone know you STILL are in the dark... help everyone else out who may be in your same situation and make them aware you too are missing tracking, refund, etc... now's not a time to skip updates if you feel alone or scammed.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
I don't believe anyone received a tracking number, I know I didn't. Text messages with no response to my questions is about all. I know that there isn't much to be done until things don't show up today so maybe everyone is waiting until tomorrow? In general you can't file a complaint until after the arrival deadline has passed because there is no way to prove any wrong doing until then. That time is rapidly approaching however.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Hmmmm... an arbitrary arrival date prevents no one from submitting a complaint or claim. No one has received an official arrival date even after being promised a tracking number which would include the official arrival date in the status from the freight company or shipping company.

I really hate what's happened to some of the members here, and hate to beat a dead horse but please please file complaints and/or claims.

Nothing he's said up to this point has proven true why believe you're going to get your item?
He can't provide a tracking number, he can't reply to text messages but somehow he managed to ship all the items?? That is not logical.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Hmmmm... an arbitrary arrival date prevents no one from submitting a complaint or claim. No one has received an official arrival date even after being promised a tracking number which would include the official arrival date in the status from the freight company or shipping company.
Common courtesy would prevent you filling a complaint before the arrival date but there is no rule/law/requirement. You can have a tracking number it be in the mail on its way to you and still file a dispute if you want.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
It's quite logical if he's running a scam :). Paypal will protect me from a chunk of the damage and my CC company the rest. The FBI will hopefully take care of this guy, it seems like he's run this one before...

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Common courtesy would prevent you filling a complaint before the arrival date but there is no rule/law/requirement. You can have a tracking number it be in the mail on its way to you and still file a dispute if you want.
You do not have an arrival date.

You're giving a courtesy to someone who's not provided you with anything you've asked up until this point, and is ignoring people asking for the official tracking number.

@Jeff Robertson Exactly ;) and pretty much what you gotta do in this situation re: refund/scam.

-- Is everyone awaiting packages that are supposed to arrive today 11-28-2016 on the west coast?
It's late on the East Coast already and it would be nice if those members updated this thread too.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@SycoPath while I would generally agree with you and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, @Geen G has lost any right to courtesy based on his actions. If you've already seen other members have deadlines missed (which we have) and there is no communication at all coming from him it's not unreasonable to give your CC company/Paypal a heads up. If it all ends well then you can tell them it worked out and there's no harm. Certainly Gene couldn't reasonably be upset with you based on the way he's acted so far.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
@SycoPath while I would generally agree with you and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, @Geen G has lost any right to courtesy based on his actions. If you've already seen other members have deadlines missed (which we have) and there is no communication at all coming from him it's not unreasonable to give your CC company/Paypal a heads up. If it all ends well then you can tell them it worked out and there's no harm. Certainly Gene couldn't reasonably be upset with you based on the way he's acted so far.
I was by no means suggesting he deserves common courtesy. I am the guy that got stood up at 4am after working 1pm-1am and driving 1.5 hours to meet him. Still not so much as a sorry or explanation. Let the bastard rot.

I did a good bit of digging while I was still angry and hit the point where if I want to continue I need to pay for some documents from his local court house to track down a hard name and address. I've wasted enough time I don't care to put any more into it, definitely not worth spending money on to me. If someone who was scammed wants the guy, the FBI can get all of it way easier than I can, and "Geen G" did a terrible job covering his tracks. Tons of GPS data available through T-Mobile's law enforcement portal for his phone number.

Reactions: T_Minus

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Love your attitude @SycoPath , guy wasted so much of my time and won't respond anymore. No pallets sitting outside my place! Someone needs to finish him up so this doesn't happen again.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
I suggest that anyone that has any information on him post it here. I will be filing with the FBI if I don't receive a refund (which means I'll be filing with the FBI...) and will point them to this thread. This guy is not covering his tracks nearly well enough to get away with this so let's see what we can do to get him locked up.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I suggest that anyone that has any information on him post it here. I will be filing with the FBI if I don't receive a refund (which means I'll be filing with the FBI...) and will point them to this thread. This guy is not covering his tracks nearly well enough to get away with this so let's see what we can do to get him locked up.
I called FedEx today and they said there is no inbound freight shipment to my place... Probably why no tracking code was provided? He's clearly trying to take time to make refunds harder.

Funny addition-- He has his read receipts on and keeps ignoring me but I know he's reading the messages.

Last edited: