Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Well at least he's consistent, he told me the same things about 12 pallets of orders I purchased.
Do you have any kind of proof that your stuff was indeed shipped? Pictures of the receipt, tracking information, etc.?

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Do you have any kind of proof that your stuff was indeed shipped? Pictures of the receipt, tracking information, etc.?
No, I stressed many times over the past 24 hours I would like videos of it. Didn't get anything, however, I am in contact. Until I have a reason to dispute this I will not. There are no hard facts against it right now, just alot of red flags.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
I woke up feeling pretty good due to some texts saying everything was shipped and that I would get a tracking number, probably Friday morning. Then I read this thread and I'm a bit worried. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt so I'm not going to do anything unless the shipment doesn't arrived as planned (by Monday I was told). If this is a scam (and some of the evidence points to it) then my CC company said they would protect me so here's hoping they aren't lying or that everything goes through as planned. My gut says it won't after reading this but who knows...

anon_pirate

Nov 23, 2016
....throw away account....

I spoke briefly to Mr 'Geene Green' (Geen G) via (832) 705-4807, which shows up as "LebNode / Joshua Prout". One person here went to the storage unit and Geene never showed. Another member sent a truck for a pickup and the guy never showed up. Now he is only doing shipping via his carrier and has no tracking details or manifest.

I'll leave these here:
What to do with all my hardware ..... | Web Hosting Talk
Tenants in Carrier1 facility Dallas | Web Hosting Talk

Seems curious that the address of Joshua Leonard Prout (registered sex offender) is 31 miles from the location of 'LebNode' in Baytown, TX.

He has also scammed this community before (WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives) as 'PrivateColo' selling 4TB disks, and possibly 'GoNode5'.

Dispute your payments now.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
I slightly suspected something was up. So I will let the cat out and say I was looking at buying everything at once (with local pickup) when the refunds had been made. My intentions were to break everything down and honor the original deals that had been had after sampling and testing the hardware (to lessen my changes of returns due to bad hardware). The next thing I know the original deals were back on. Seemed odd since the person didn't want to deal with small purchases and shipping. The forum has been good to me and I may make a couple of bucks, so why not? I remember what it's like to desire better/newer hardware but unable to find decent deals. It was also to pay respects to a mod here that has helped me in many ways with hardware.
I tried the same, but he said he already paid for shipping and said some of it was already shipping to others and never gave me a list of everything like I kept asking for. Also implied he had $35k worth of orders and wanted that much for the lot but stayed vague and would never be specific, so I just gave up and tried to get my order of drives. I assumed something was up, that's why I refused to do anything remotely and wanted to meet up in person only. Was a little concerned about getting mugged, but that's what the concealed carry permit is for. Nothing says surprise like a gun pointed at you instead of a wallet! ;) Also brought a laptop and my Icydock to spot test random drives before I paid. I really am disappointed though, this would have solved my storage needs until 100TB+ 3d crosspoint became a reality.

Still trying to decide if finding this guy is a worthwhile public service. His breadcrumb trail doesn't seem very well hidden.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
@SycoPath did you go to a storage location to pickup the stuff? If so you might be able to find the number and call the management to see if a storage war sale even went on recently. They might even be able to provide info of the company who did the auction.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
@SycoPath did you go to a storage location to pickup the stuff? If so you might be able to find the number and call the management to see if a storage war sale even went on recently. They might even be able to provide info of the company who did the auction.
I did, I did, and there was a recent auction. I have not pursued it any further, yet. Just might mean he was smart enough to use an actual auction as a cover and never did participate. Also might mean this guy was for real, just extremely unprofessional. I doubt it, but crazier things have happened.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
I did, I did, and there was a recent auction. I have not pursued it any further, yet. Just might mean he was smart enough to use an actual auction as a cover and never did participate. Also might mean this guy was for real, just extremely unprofessional. I doubt it, but crazier things have happened.
I would like to believe this guys is for real, but extremely unprofessional. We'll find out soon enough.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Oh, before I forget, the address of the storage place is:

3730 W Wendover Ave.
Greensboro NC 27407

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
No, I stressed many times over the past 24 hours I would like videos of it. Didn't get anything, however, I am in contact. Until I have a reason to dispute this I will not. There are no hard facts against it right now, just alot of red flags.
I strongly recommend calling your payment company and making sure the funds can be traced. At least warn them don't cancel, but looks like probable fraud. There are some verification steps that can be taken. Geen has still not replied to me all day. I called about 15 times this morning while I was waiting and sent quite a few text messages. If he had contacted you today but is ignoring everyone else, it's likely time to dispute your transaction as it has not cleared for him yet and he needs to string you along a little longer.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I strongly recommend calling your payment company and making sure the funds can be traced. At least warn them don't cancel, but looks like probable fraud. There are some verification steps that can be taken. Geen has still not replied to me all day. I called about 15 times this morning while I was waiting and sent quite a few text messages. If he had contacted you today but is ignoring everyone else, it's likely time to dispute your transaction as it has not cleared for him yet and he needs to string you along a little longer.
I am skeptical but as @warlockedyou said, until it doesn't show up I'm not calling him a scammer. If it's not here next week then it's a different story.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
@NSKA @SycoPath @marcoi
I used Google Wallet to pay for a smaller order that I placed yesterday because the seller said his pay2go account was maxed out for strip payment for the month.

This could be pure con-incidence, but I just got a call from a blocked caller ID saying, "Hi, is this <myname>?". When I verified that yes it's me, <myname>, she said to "verify the transaction amount of my last purchase that I made using Google Wallet."

Now this may not seem like a big deal at first, but many times, in order to reset passwords or provide some form of authorization that the caller is who they say they are. financial companies ask for the last amount of their statement or exact figure of their last transaction.

I just wanted to put this out there, JUST IN CASE if these two things were related. Off course, I told her I wasn't comfortable verifying the exact amount of my last Google Wallet transaction, but I wanted to make other's aware before they fall into traps like these.

Stay Safe,
warlockedyou.

EDIT: Added more context

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
He requested wallet from me for the same reason. I haven't gotten any calls or anything as of right now. He's been pretty nice and we've talked about other projects. It would be a shame if its all a lie/scam.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
@warlockedyou i used a CC on the Quickbook invoice and as soon as he said he refunded it, i put in a dispute. it resolved in my favor a day later so i got the credit back without issue.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
@warlockedyou i used a CC on the Quickbook invoice and as soon as he said he refunded it, i put in a dispute. it resolved in my favor a day later so i got the credit back without issue.
Why would you dispute a refund? He literally refunded everyone...

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Why would you dispute a refund? He literally refunded everyone...
I disputed the charge originally posted to my account by his QB account, not the refund. I was being cautious since his actions were worrying me and it doesn't hurt to give the CC company a heads up in case of fraud situation. Like i said they ruled in my favor and I got the credit back.

Geen G

Banned
Nov 13, 2016
I refunded over 50k worth of payments after they hit my bank account if I wanted to scam anyone I would of literally ran off with the 50k that was in my bank account yet I'm still here responding. I'll follow up more in detail when I have a little bit more time. Not to mention after I refunded all that money I paid the fees out of my own pocket which came up to about $450 bucks then ended up sellin most of the things for pennies on he dollar making about 18k in all for the storage. So again I say if I wanted to scam anyone I would be well on my way with the 50k that was in my bank 3 days ago.

Reactions: warlockedyou