RAID Card for Silverstone CS01-HS

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by elhoim, Jan 25, 2019.

1. elhoim

elhoim New Member

Hello,

I was thinking of building a server like the one describe here:
    https://www.servethehome.com/buildi...converged-nas-with-the-silverstone-cs01-hs/2/

The only thing being that instead of an AIC NVMe card I would like to use a RAID card for the hard drives since there is no RAID feature on the motherboard storage controller.

It is PCI-E 3.0 x4, but I have trouble find small enough cards.

Would you have some recommendation of product lines or specific models?

2. DanielWood

DanielWood New Member

That is an open back slot on that board. I recommend any PCIe 3.0 x8 card and it will work just fine, but reduced to x4 bandwidth.