Rack server chassis advice

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

djeflig

Apr 11, 2019
I'm looking for a cheap 4U server chassis with space for 16-24 internal 3.5 hdds. I don't need hot swap or anything fancy like that, just space for my current 14 drives, some future proofed expandability, and my graphics card (hence 4u). Does anyone know of any good alternatives?
I'ld also like to use my current atx psu with it.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Supermicro 846 is the gold standard, but you would be best off using the integrated PSUs. Otherwise you are looking at something like a Norco 4224, but the quality pales in comparison. Prices have gone up 2-3x in the past few months unfortunately, so be prepared to pay a hefty sum for one.

Reactions: Blinky 42

djeflig

Apr 11, 2019
sc846 would be the dream but my budget won't allow it at the moment. I'm more looking for something like the Rosewill 4U RSV-L4500U https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Rackmount-Computer-Pre-Installed-RSV-L4500/dp/B0091IZ1ZG but it's a hassle to get hold of them in Sweden. So maybe someone knows of something equivalent with 15 internal 3.5" drives? As stated, I don't need hot swap or anything like that, I'm just looking for a case that can fit at least 15 drives in a rack cabinet or something alike.