R720 IDRAC7 https access to downloads.dell.com

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

GourmetSaint

Dec 18, 2020
This used to work. Now it doesn't. The test connection is successful but I now get:
"LC023: Cannot access network share. Check network share access credentials (IP address, user name, password, share type, and so on). Refer to Lifecycle Controller Profile documentation for more details." error when "Check for Update".

I also have a T620, same error. Has Dell done something to the access?

Any ideas?

Reactions: kwinz

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
likely either your idrac has no network access to access it; or dell simply changed how their site works - after all T620 been long time out of support. I recommend manually downloading, and upgrading. (Last update was in March 2020)

GourmetSaint

Dec 18, 2020
The last update to their catalogue was Nov 22. I was wondering if anybody else with the same hardware was having the same issues.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
Those are disk, and nic firmware upgrades only, unless you have to specific devices those are useless for you.

Here's actual list from dell site for your system. As noted last firmware meant for this system was in 2020. Rest are just vendor specific upgrades, windows driver packs etc that are constantly build/shared between almost all dell poweredge systems.

1679320151091.png

kwinz

Jun 18, 2022
I wanted to (so far unsuccessfully) use this method to update my 750W PSU's firmware from an iDRAC 7 server.

• On the web GUI in "iDRAC Settings - Updates & Rollback" after clicking "Check Updates" after like 10 minutes of waiting I get the error: "LC023: Cannot access network share. Check network share access credentials (IP address, user name, password, share type, and so on). Refer to Lifecycle Controller Profile documentation for more details."

1694013482430.png

• If I boot into the Lifecycle controller instead and try to update that way after confirming to ignore certificate checks I get a different error "Update Packages missing in the repostitory. (SUP0539)"

1694013461331.png

Network access test succeeds!

As https address I used: downloads.dell.com

I also tried both leaving the "Catalog location" / "path" blank or setting "catalog" as "Catalog location" / "path" according to PowerEdge Server: LifeCycle Controller Update | Dell US.

Checking dl.dell.com - /catalog/ I can see some catalog files, but I don't know what iDRAC 7 expects to find there exactly.

I guess the repository from Dell is broken for older servers? Or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
download the exe package from dell site, and try 'local' upgrading with it through idrac. Idrac will accept exe packages.

Reactions: kwinz