Questions about Windows licenses and best ways to install

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MyCoR

May 14, 2019
I have a ThinkCentre M90q TMM that came preinstalled with Windows. I changed the drives and lost the install, and I've come to the realization I haven't installed windows since WIndows 7 and things might have changed a bit.

The chassis has a windows holographic sticker, but I don't see any key or sticker besides that. The box does have a Microsoft Product Key ID.

Can I still get an .ISO from microsoft to make install media, and input the product key during installation?

Does anyone have the link to get the install media?

Or is the process different to reinstall windows on an OEM device?

Thanks

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Download the microsoft media creation tool (use the speicific version for windows 10 if you don't know if the systems supports win 11), download the iso/create a usb stick and install windows.
If the system had a valid license it will automatially use the correct license when connected to the internet during the installation.

Reactions: MyCoR

MyCoR

May 14, 2019
Thanks and I've realized it was a pretty dumb question, I found the windows download link easily. For some reason I remember it being VERY difficult to find the download page for Windows 7 years ago.