Question on which controller card to get?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kalex1114

Jan 26, 2014
Hello
I have a dell r620 server and Quantum SUPERLOADER 3 LTO-6HH library.
It requires 6GB External SAS controller non-raid.
OS will be using is windows 2012R2 and backup exec 15

Any suggestions on what card to use? It has to be short bracket to fit into r620

Thank you

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I have a dell r620 server and Quantum SUPERLOADER 3 LTO-6HH library.
They still make those? I've referred to the Superloader 3 as "a triumph of engineering over common sense".
It requires 6GB External SAS controller non-raid.
OS will be using is windows 2012R2 and backup exec 15

Any suggestions on what card to use? It has to be short bracket to fit into r620
A Dell 12DNW / H200E card. I normally flash mine to LSI firmware so everything in the box is using the same BIOS / firmware version, but it will work fine with the Dell firmware. When buying one, make sure you get one with the low profile bracket, either as part of a complete kit with both brackets or already on the card.

kalex1114

Jan 26, 2014
They still make those? I've referred to the Superloader 3 as "a triumph of engineering over common sense".

A Dell 12DNW / H200E card. I normally flash mine to LSI firmware so everything in the box is using the same BIOS / firmware version, but it will work fine with the Dell firmware. When buying one, make sure you get one with the low profile bracket, either as part of a complete kit with both brackets or already on the card.
Thank you Terry. Thats what I ended up ordering. Its impossible to find them with low profile bracket but I ordered one that is suppose to fit with small modification. What is the advantage of flashing it to LSI firmware?

Yes they still make them, We already had one left over from previous client and our new client needs WORM backups so this was the cheapest option