Question about QSFP+ compatibility for CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+RM switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Demolitions

Jun 1, 2021
I just recently purchased the MikroTik CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+RM switch to expand my server's networking capabilities. However I have seem to run into compatibility issues. The switch wiki says it only supports transceivers/cables made by MikroTik, I already bought cables from FS.com and I can't find the MikroTik cables available else where. Are the cables I bought actually incompatible with the switch, and if not how do I make them work together?

My hardware:
DAC: FS for Mellanox MC2207130-001 56G QSFP+ Passive DAC Cable
AOC: FS for 10m Mellanox MC220731V-010 56G QSFP+ AOC Cable
SFP+ to RJ45: Generic 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ45 Transceiver Module
QSFP+ PCIe NIC: 00W0038 IBM Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI CX353A FDR IB 56GbE/40GbE Single QSFP+ RDMA | eBay

I tried the DAC already, switch says no link even after setting auto-negotiation to none and setting each of the 4 links per QSFP+ to 10G. I assume the AOC and RJ45 adapter won't work either. I know the DAC and AOC are for Mellanox, I wasn't sure which brand to choose and I bought the cables before the switch, because I was originally going with a different switch.

Any help is appreciated.

gtcdma

Oct 29, 2020
Right there in the wiki:
Note: MikroTik devices and SFP/SFP+/QSFP+ modules do not have any restrictions for other vendor equipment.
As long as the other vendor modules and devices comply with transceiver multi-source agreement (MSA) they should be compatible with MikroTik.
My CRS305-1G-4S+IN works fine work with any SFPs. Right now I have an Arista DAC, Qlogic 10G LC fiber SPF+ and a QSFPTEK 10G/5G/2.5G RJ45 SFP plugged in.