Question about Natex boards (Intel S2600CP2J Motherboard)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
Yes, Natex.us is reasonable and reliable. Ordered and received that same hardware kit within the past week. Be sure to use their coupon code found here within the forums for 5% discount which runs through Sept 5th (tomorrow). Now, if only I can find the right search terms here to find the solution to quiet down this vacuum cleaner of a system before I drive everyone around me nuts. I think building an acoustic dampening foam padded box is next.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Thank you very much @pc-tecky , can I know how much shipping takes for you?
Can you please provide me with a list of other parts need to buy, This is my first build

rayofsi

Jun 18, 2016
My s2600cp2j kepet hard locking on me, requiring bios reset. No support at all from natex, and no replies to my emails.. Running a asrock ep2c602 now without issues.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
My s2600cp2j kepet hard locking on me, requiring bios reset. No support at all from natex, and no replies to my emails.. Running a asrock ep2c602 now without issues.
Conversely, I have 4 of them (s2600cp2's) from natex; all of which are operating without issue.

When you were troubleshooting, had the Intel Hardware Confidence Tests passed?

@pc-tecky, had you run through the FRU/SDR update tool to configure the BMC sensors to your specific case (which you hadn't mentioned)? There are more that several threads here on the Intel s2600cp and fru/sdr update proceedure (and why it's needed).

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I am still trying to get it to work with my usb 3.0 pcie card and sleep properly. It is prob the cheapest way to dual 2011 system but if you don't have time/effort or willing to play around, do not get it and should pay extra $150 to get a barebone Lenovo d30 on ebay instead which comes with usb 3 and sound already.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Conversely, I have 4 of them (s2600cp2's) from natex; all of which are operating without issue.

When you were troubleshooting, had the Intel Hardware Confidence Tests passed?

@pc-tecky, had you run through the FRU/SDR update tool to configure the BMC sensors to your specific case (which you hadn't mentioned)? There are more that several threads here on the Intel s2600cp and fru/sdr update proceedure (and why it's needed).
are you able to get yours to sleep properly with everything power down during sleep like it supposed to? also any problem getting a usb 3,0 card to work?

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
are you able to get yours to sleep properly with everything power down during sleep like it supposed to? also any problem getting a usb 3,0 card to work?
As these are server boards, my use cases (VMs) do not involve 'sleep', so that was never a focus and I frankly hadn't tried.

However I have 4 Renesas based USB 3.0 cards (from a couple of different manufacturers) that work without issue that I'm passing through to VM's (I did provide supplementary power with them all).

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
@AzeeeD, the 5% savings basically covered the cost shipping which was roughly $19 as SLC is not that far from Denver (something like an 8 hr drive).

@jwegman, yes, I was trying to allude to that fact given I've read it here several times when Natex' deal and (ebay) OEM-XS hardware deals were both hot topics.

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
Thank you very much, I appreciate your efforts to help me.

So, after receiving the motherboard, I need just to assembling it with the PSU, and it will work directly without any other steps?
I see some peoples who are talking about bios reset and motherboard and processor death and other problems, and I don't understand those things.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
As these are server boards, my use cases (VMs) do not involve 'sleep', so that was never a focus and I frankly hadn't tried.

However I have 4 Renesas based USB 3.0 cards (from a couple of different manufacturers) that work without issue that I'm passing through to VM's (I did provide supplementary power with them all).
I tried a Via based usb 3.0 card and it doesn't work with it. the card does work on another computer. when I put in an adaptec sas card in that same slot it works. so weird... ;(

Thank you very much, I appreciate your efforts to help me.

So, after receiving the motherboard, I need just to assembling it with the PSU, and it will work directly without any other steps?
I see some peoples who are talking about bios reset and motherboard and processor death and other problems, and I don't understand those things.
if you are not prepared to do bios reset and bios updates, and tweaking, do yourself a big favor and don't get this. I am fairly savvy at doing this and I am just about to rip out my hairs getting it to work the way I want.

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
It's a good board, but it is indeed finicky. I've just ordered a new USB3.0 card (Renesas based as mentioned elsewhere on this site.) as I'm having problems with the 2 I currently have installed. Both passthrough to VMs fine and work with peripherals, but cause a hard crash when I attempt data transfer over them. (ie. Flashdrive, etc...) After pulling my hair out changing slots, power connections, and reconfigs of the .conf files, I'm hoping this is the solution.

Still, my board came well packaged and quickly. Great shape and I've otherwise completely pleased with the Natex purchase.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
It's a good board, but it is indeed finicky. I've just ordered a new USB3.0 card (Renesas based as mentioned elsewhere on this site.) as I'm having problems with the 2 I currently have installed. Both passthrough to VMs fine and work with peripherals, but cause a hard crash when I attempt data transfer over them. (ie. Flashdrive, etc...) After pulling my hair out changing slots, power connections, and reconfigs of the .conf files, I'm hoping this is the solution.

Still, my board came well packaged and quickly. Great shape and I've otherwise completely pleased with the Natex purchase.
Yeah, it looks like renesas is the unofficial usb 3.0 chipset to complement the c602 chipset. I have a lenovo d30 and the usb3 chipset in that is renesas.

Did you ever have yours going into sleep? how long does it take for it to enter into sleep fully? how do you awake it from sleep?

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
I've got mine running VMs 24/7 so I've never investigated the sleep function. I do have it custom mounted inside a Phantex Enthoo Evolv (Beautiful case! Just not built for this big a Mobo.) so I'm not using the sensors for fans, etc...

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016

Yeah, it looks like renesas is the unofficial usb 3.0 chipset to complement the c602 chipset. I have a lenovo d30 and the usb3 chipset in that is renesas.

Did you ever have yours going into sleep? how long does it take for it to enter into sleep fully? how do you awake it from sleep?

I purchased the combo last friday and it's on way now, can you please give me some advices to avoid problems with setup?

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
I purchased all parts for my build, but I'm asking about motherboard. I see some users talking about bios update and pcie 3 problems

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
That's what I'm referring too. There's a lot of discussion and spelling out of how to setup that particular motherboard update the bios, tweak settings, etc... in that thread. It's far more than just a "good deal" thread. ;)

AzeeeD

Sep 3, 2016
That's what I'm referring too. There's a lot of discussion and spelling out of how to setup that particular motherboard update the bios, tweak settings, etc... in that thread. It's far more than just a "good deal" thread. ;)
Can refer me to a good guide?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
My setup went smooth. I would suggest you mine this thread for all your setup details. (It's what I did!)
Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

The specifics will depend on your case and setup. Good luck!
yeah, i am wondering if somehow there can be a thread which summarize all the main important points for a quick setup. 136 pages in that thread will take a long time to go through.

Can refer me to a good guide?
The PCIe speed will be limited to x8 2.0 pretty much anything from the earlier bios. you can read the readme inside each bios upgrade down from intel. But there are many articles that you can look up to see that pcie scaling doesn't get significant till we go to less than x8 2.0 for gfx card or running sli. This board doesn't support sli anyway, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I made a recent thread about my build experience here with a few tips:

My S2600CP2J Workstation and Sleep problem

read also the additional threads of others about their build:

Intel s2600cp Dual Xeon 2670 3D / VFX Rendering Node

Intel S2600CP and Nvidia GTX 1070 problem

BIOS/GPU/USB 3.0 Compatibility issues with S2600CP Build

Last edited: