Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EnduringGuerila

Feb 13, 2024
If I'm reading you correctly, you can fit another 2.5" rear cage? That's news to me. If so I'll have to buy one and try it out.
Yea, I have another cage coming from that seller. They accepted an offer for $18 for the first one and $10 for the second one when I explained I just needed the back plane this time and they said they'd just give me another cage and all for $10...
I'll do a better write-up on it when I get the parts and test it out.

Does anyone have the "DAS___" part number for the 10gb SFP+ Mezz card some of these servers came with? Trying to find one on ebay since the Dell/Intel Mezz RJ45 one I bought didn't work.

I checked the new docs Owen uploaded and I found 1hy7zzz075d and 1hy7zzz074d but find very few purchasing options with those part numbers.

Reactions: owenthewizard

EnduringGuerila

Feb 13, 2024
Good, but random news...
I swapped the CPUs in their sockets, A to B and B to A, just to see if that changed which ram slots weren't working... and this fixed the ram issue. ALL 24 slots are working, all 384GB are showing. I changed nothing else since the ram last showed as not working.

The ram still shows a lower speed and the field is greyed out:
20240223_041441.jpg

Is there a particular memory mode I should change to or something else to look for?

Also, I am making a write-up on the drive cage and cabling situation: