Quanta s210-x12ms BMC firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lukekay

Apr 26, 2021
Hi All,

After spending a few days lurking on this forum I finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account. My google fu is strong and I hate to admit it but, I've reached my limit of trying to find AST2300 BMC firmware that is compatible with the Quanta s210-x12ms.

I've got 2 of these servers and I was able to update their bios to versions to S2MS3B12 (Many thanks to the good people on this forum!) but, I am completely stumped with getting the BMC firmware updated - I did try from the IPMI web interface which ultimately just fails and then restarts itself (I did login via ssh and confirm if the embedded linux distro could reach the internet).

My research has shown me that I will need to use the 'socflash' utility in order to flash it but, that only takes me so far without firmware bins/roms. So I am asking out of desperation if anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you kindly for taking a few min to read my post and hear my plea!

Luke

lukekay

Apr 26, 2021
So an update...

I've managed to backup the existing 2 versions of the BMC firmware on my 2 servers, 1.26 and 3.29 which is start of at least getting them both to the same version - I've also made contact with Quanta directly as suggested in another post to see if they'd be willing to assist. I am happy to share any files/information I have if you find yourself in the same position as me.

bezzoh

Jun 15, 2021
I'd really find this useful if you could provide this info and files... Thank you in advance.

vasquezmi

Jun 6, 2022
I have a 1U D51PC that I am trying to update BMC on. Would like to know the content that I need in order to get this accomplished.

Thank you in advance.