Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itguy82

Mar 1, 2015
I just purchased an LB8 as well.

From what I can tell, it is also a PowerPC based CPU, like the LB6M. It seems that it may have a web GUI, but I won't know until it arrives...

Did anyone else get one?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I got one also. Which is why my lb6m is for sale. Does anyone have a manual or know where we can get one? Big bonuses over lb6m aside from port count appear to be more comprehensive Layer 3 support and FIP snooping. I found this link when searching for a manual...

http://colfaxdirect.com/store/pc/catalog/T3048-LB8_DS_v05022013.pdf
That may be good to post in the LB8 thread here: Quanta LB8

If that indeed is the manual, I think it will be CLI only. The CLI is not TOO bad, and would be find if you were a Cisco admin. The T3048-LY8 and -LY9's I have do not have a web interface so I spend time with the manual.

May 8, 2015
That may be good to post in the LB8 thread here: Quanta LB8

If that indeed is the manual, I think it will be CLI only. The CLI is not TOO bad, and would be find if you were a Cisco admin. The T3048-LY8 and -LY9's I have do not have a web interface so I spend time with the manual.
I didn't even know that thread existed. Thanks Patrick. I'll post it over there as well. The linked document is just the data sheet not a manual unfortunately.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I got one also. Which is why my lb6m is for sale. Does anyone have a manual or know where we can get one? Big bonuses over lb6m aside from port count appear to be more comprehensive Layer 3 support and FIP snooping. I found this link when searching for a manual...

http://colfaxdirect.com/store/pc/catalog/T3048-LB8_DS_v05022013.pdf
Since you have both - could you compare power consumption between them. The LB8 has newer Broadcom silicon for the switch and is supposed to be more power efficient.

May 8, 2015
Since you have both - could you compare power consumption between them. The LB8 has newer Broadcom silicon for the switch and is supposed to be more power efficient.
Once it arrives for sure. Heading out to a conference on Sunday though so if it doesn't arrive before then it wont be for a few weeks until I get the chance.

itguy82

Mar 1, 2015
I contacted Quanta directly and they sent me a manual (which was nice). So far they are not willing to send an updated firmware download however. They said the LB6M and LB8 are custom HW for a particular customer.

Let me know if you have need of the manual.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I am actually amazed you got a manual, I called their switch support line directly and the guy said they don't have documentation for the Lb6M because it's an OEM customized piece of hardware and to call the OEM/seller of the switch. I asked about the LB8 and he said the same thing basically.

Reactions: rockitlikeithott