Quanta LB4M

Discussion in 'Networking' started by flegy33, Feb 2, 2018.

1. flegy33

flegy33 Banned

Hello,

I bought Quanta LB4M but I have a problem connecting with network operator he allow 1Gbps full duplex on the switch but I on Quanta LB4M don't receive network because 2 main ports only have 10Gbps full duplex. Any way to make 1Gbps full duplex on Quanta LB4M?

thanks in advance

slika1.png

2. ttabbal

ttabbal Active Member

You can't use that port for anything else. Use one of the 48 1Gbps ports instead, or the management port if that's what you're trying to do. Those SFP+ ports are not the "main" ports. They are intended to be uplink ports for connecting switches together. They do work for client connections though.

3. flegy33

flegy33 Banned

So I cannot make SFP+ ports to work as 1Gbps ports? because there doesn't exist select physical mode to be 1Gbps full duplex , if I chance NIC will it help to show on select list 1Gbps full duplex or the only way is use 1 port of 48?

thanks for help

4. ttabbal

ttabbal Active Member

As far as I know, you cannot use the SFP+ ports for 1Gbps. You might be able to find an SFP+ module to convert them to 1Gbps copper, but I have never seen one. And I suspect it would have to lie to the switch and tell it that there is a 10Gbps connection, which might cause other problems.

1Gbps ports are so cheap now, even for managed switches, that I can't see any reason to even consider this. Even if you found a module like that, it would likely cost more than a decent used managed switch.

flegy33 likes this.
  5. flegy33

flegy33 Banned

Will be perfect solution if exist module to convert 10Gbps to 1Gbps but I think will use first slot on switch not SFP+. :(

6. flegy33

flegy33 Banned

I got a wierd problem with the switch. After a restart, I can normally connect my switch with a console and with IP but after 10-15 min it stops work and request another switch restart? Can it be problem of firmware 5.13.12.14?

7. migolmusk

migolmusk New Member

Hi, you don't need a module that convert 10Gb to 1Gb. An SFP+ port is the same size as an SFP port. Some switches allow using 1G SFP module in SFP+ port to run 1Gbps. You can try using a 1G SFP module in the SFP+ port of the Quanta LB4M. Tell me if it works.

8. flegy33

flegy33 Banned

It dont work. Same as with 10Gbps module no network on 1Gbps optical link.