Quanta LB4M Management IP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rang

Oct 19, 2018
I started configuring my LB4M this afternoon. After flashing an earlier firmware to get the Web UI, I've run into a bit of a road block.

It appears that the management IP needs to be on the same subnet as the network IP of the router.

My current setup is: pfSense -> LB4m -> clients on different VLANs.

The LB4M has a static IP of 10.0.2.2 from pfSense as the network IP, but my Management VLAN (esxi, pfsense, etc) is on 192.168.4.0/24. That being said, I want to be able to access the LB4M Web UI from an address on the 192.168.4.0/24 subnet, while maintaining the static network address of 10.0.2.2 from pfSense.

I've done a ton of reading and digging to try and find any information about doing this, but can't seem to find much. Any help would be appreciated!

rang

Oct 19, 2018
To update this:

I have the management port plugged into a switch port (not sure if this is okay?) because I want it to pull an IP from pfSense. It did once (on the wrong VLAN), but I can't figure out how to make it pull one again.