Quanta LB4M First Time Use. Problem Microsoft

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kail

Jan 5, 2017
Hello Good Day.

I Purchase Quanta LB4M to learn and upgrade my Network to 1Gbit

I having Problem with Specific Services and Protocol, before i use an unmanage Fast Ethernet Switch,
Im able to Browse and See the Computer Connected in my network Using Microsoft WIndows 7, 8 and 10

Right now im unable to View or See the Computer Connected to my network in my Network Places.
and Also im unable to Use Warcraft III Multiplayer LAN. No Lan Server can be Seen. Similar with Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

I badly need you help. guys. what configuration must be Enable or Disable.

Thank You

Kail

Jan 5, 2017
Its all Default Configuration.

If i Type at the Windows Explorer Address bar then Client Host Name or IP Address. im able to see the shared files and Folders. but if I use the My Network Places everyting is Empty.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I had a similar problem a few months ago with my tp link switch.
The problem were two dhcp servers: one running on the switch and one on the router. I solved it by disconnecting the switch from the router, reconfiguring the switch & disabling dhcp on the switch and then connecting it back again to the router.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
Your machines are probably detecting the different switch, and defaulting to a Public network type, so network discovery is disabled.

1. Open PowerShell on each machine.
2. Get-NetConnectionProfile
Do you see NetworkCategory as Public?
Note the InterfaceIndex of the interface that is Public.
3. Change it.
Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex XX -NetworkCategory Private
(where XX is the InterfaceIndex from #2)

Kail

Jan 5, 2017
Thank You Guys Im able to fix the Problem last Night

But Critical Error i have now.

Before i go home and Leave the Quanta LB4M in my Shop the Switch is Operating Good.

But when i came back to the shop. there was a power outage. After the outage i tried to Boot Up the Switch.

And now the System wont boot.

I check the System using Telnet.

Upon Checking. There was an Error. Image 1 and Backup Image 2 is CRC error.

Is there away to restore the Image. or copy new Operational Code and Boot Code. i cant Access using TFTP.

Thank You