Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Anyone else having this speed problem on routing firmware? I have mine set up and not yet connected to internet but will test it as soon as I'm able.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I don't have Gb WAN, so this probably won't matter to me in any immediate time, but it'd be nice to know.

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
I've tested the 10G performance with Linux & FreeBSD and Windows with the routing firmware

The truth is, any 10G benchmarking with Windows will be a big failure. Something is seriously wrong with either the Mellanox drivers or Windows or both.

Linux and FreeBSD runs stable at 9.42 Gbits/sec
Windows jumpes up and down from 602 Mbits/sec to 2.06 Gbits/sec

These benchmarks are done with the same system.

Torbjørn Sandvik

Jun 10, 2015
I have a new "problem".
If I run say like a CS (counter-strike) server, connected to the switch. The clients dont get it up on "local games". You have to connect with IP address or domain. Is there a way to make this work ? Both server and client runs on same vlan.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Anyone know the command to configure the IP helper on the switch to direct DHCP requests to a DHCP server?

I tried the following but it didn't seem to work.
Code:
bootpdhcprelay enable
bootpdhcprelay serverip 10.0.10.100
Anything in the VLAN10 can DHCP since its in same subnet as the DC/DHCP server, but other VLANs are unable to.

Last edited:

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Usually when I run into that (on other switches) it's that IP routing isn't enabled to forward the request across the other subnet.
This is what I have as the basic part of the running config. IP routing is enabled as far as I can see. Not sure what else it could be...
Code:
ip name server 10.0.10.100
ip routing
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.100.1
bootpdhcprelay enable
bootpdhcprelay serverip 10.0.10.100
lineconfig

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I got it. Looks like the ports needs PVID set for the respective VLAN to know which VLAN to DHCP for.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I have it running it routing firmware but I don't know if a good empirical way to test it unless someone can suggest something.

lnxpro

Mar 1, 2016
Hi all. Just got 2 of these switches from eBay for $99 a piece. So far I am happy with how they work. Not happy with the noise but I got some Noctua fans ordered for them. Anyway. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set the date and time (so the event log is correct). Tried via CLI and web. I can't see such option anywhere.

BTW the switches came with 1.1.8.0 firmware, so I backflashed to 1.0.2.17 for both primary and backup images via telnet. worked like a champ.

Thanks.

lnxpro

Mar 1, 2016
I pointed mine to my ntp server (happens to be my AD server). I did this via the web interface.
Would you mind telling me where you found the option to point it to a NTP server?
I noticed the date is correct (automagically)? but the time is wrong. it's off by about 4 or 5 hours for me. I would like to set the time correctly, or specify a time zone.

thanks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've been poking around in mine and I can't find any way to set the time. Is this done by cli only and if so, what are the commands?

Reactions: lnxpro

spyrule

Log into the web interface (I've only done this in switch mode, so I cannot comment if your in router mode).
Once logged in to the web interface, go to :
System >
SNTP >
Server Configuration >
Choose Create on the drop-down
Enter the IP of the local NTP server (usually your router or AD server if you've configured it that way)
IPv4
Port: 123
Priority: 1
Version: 3
Submit

I then went to SNTP > Global Configuration
Client Mode: Unicast
Port: 123
6, 6, 5, 1 (for the remaining values in order).
Submit.

It then takes the switch a little while to actually trigger the NTP query and update its time-stamp. The only thing that I have not been able to configure is my timezone, so it always wants to set its time to UTC time, not my current TZ (EST = GMT - 5). So if someone figures out how to specify the TimeZone that should be the final step needed.

Reactions: lnxpro

IvanNCase

Mar 9, 2016
Hello, I've been following this thread and picked one of these up a while ago and am finally getting ready to get it set up for my network and wanted to know what people thought was the best version of the OS is. Mine came with (Image1 Ver 1.1.0.8) and (Image2 Ver 1.0.2.14) with image 2 as the active one. I'm specifically wondering what the routing version has that the others don't. Also just figured I'd add that unless there's something really great about the VxWorks 6.6 versions I'd prefer to keep the GUI.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
You can pick between switching (L2) or routing (L3) firmwares. Routing has GUI and some version of switching also has GUI. Routing firmware only has 1 version AFAIK, 5.13.12.14. In terms of performance, switching will be fastest but it seems fine in routing mode for my use case.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
Trying to configure a guest VLAN and I some guidance on how to set up the ACL for this VLAN. I have a virtual interface 10.0.30.1 for the VLAN, and I am assuming now I need a ACL rule on this interface that says it can only talk to the uplink VLAN and nothing else?

Can anyone give me an example of what the command should look like? I'm guessing it's something like this?
Code:
access-list 99 permit ip 10.0.30.0 0.0.0.255 10.0.100.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 99 deny ip any any

Last edited: