Quanta dual 3647 2U 4-node system (missing 2xPSU)= $599

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
You're going to have to buy at least a mezzanine NIC for each of the nodes in addition, which may be expensive and/or hard to source. Same for the power supplies since they don't have anywhere as much in the secondary market like Dell, HPE, Supermicro etc.

3647 CPUs are also not cheap, but that's kinda expected with the territory. I wouldn't expect them to drop until Q3 2022 when the Skylake generation hits the 5 year mark and large companies start to replace them.

Reactions: tinfoil3d

life2b

Jul 26, 2020
You're going to have to buy at least a mezzanine NIC for each of the nodes in addition, which may be expensive and/or hard to source. Same for the power supplies since they don't have anywhere as much in the secondary market like Dell, HPE, Supermicro etc.

3647 CPUs are also not cheap, but that's kinda expected with the territory. I wouldn't expect them to drop until Q3 2022 when the Skylake generation hits the 5 year mark and large companies start to replace them.

I totally agree. However this price is pretty promising. I don't think this price would came back until 2023.

And it uses same redundant power with Dell options. I can easily find replacement PSU in ebay.

EBay link $49

* There's much better deals, but I brought this since it tells me this PSU is compatible with Quanta and Dell.

EBay link $29

*This is the best deal I can find on Ebay.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Cool setup too bad to build out even a mild variant of this you're looking at nearly 10k$ in used CPU prices :oops:
Round out the build and this chassis is among the cheapest thing of the build o_O it's like a free printer that needs ink every month :D :D

So much new cool stuff.... and everything changing this may be a generation to skip too IMO vs. getting stuck with for another couple years, especially for homelab and SMB where you're not (hopefully) forced to this generation for any reason :D

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
Yeah, This chassis is enticing, but so far we have gone straight from Xeon v4 to Epyc, skipping 3647 completely.

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Problem with these is it looks like they don't even support nvme.
Also it's a pain when sellers remove so many parts from the systems. Looks like the OCP cards have been removed, PSU's :(
They most likely had 40g or 2x25/10g cards in them that got removed so they could sell those separately for $75 each. x4

Still not a super bad deal. If you have a need for 4x systems. For our data center usage they work decent, however we prefer the 1U-2U single systems as you can use them for more things.

TrumanHW

Sep 16, 2018
I just CANNOT afford the fast (GHz) LGA3647 CPUs ...
Am I still better off getting one of these with cheap (bronze or lower-end Silver) CPU than say ...
...an E5 v3 or v4 system..?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Xeon Bronze really shouldn't exist. Performance is awful. I only keep one around for testing purposes. E5 v4s are cheap on the secondary market and for ~$150 a piece, hard to beat an E5-2680 v4. I would probably go with a 2011-3 system personally.

Reactions: linuxmanbg