QUANTA D51B-2U windows instalation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
I just got my quanta d515-2u server i was trying to install server 2019 but it does not see drives. I download drivers for my sas controller and loaded dooring the install and did not detect my drives. Does the server support booting from pci ssd ?

tillburn

Aug 23, 2020
I just got my quanta d515-2u server i was trying to install server 2019 but it does not see drives. I download drivers for my sas controller and loaded dooring the install and did not detect my drives. Does the server support booting from pci ssd ?
You should update to the latest bios version. In that version on my D51B-2U boots from NVME stick drive on a PCIE card. It also sees and will boot from my intel 3500 series PCIE/NVME SSD.

The bios version seems to be 3B22, file S2B_3B22.BIN. You should update the backplane FW and the BMC FW before updating your bios. If you need helping figuring that out, google "the art of server" on you tube he walks through updating his.