Quanta 2U D51B: LGA2011-3, 24 x 2.5" Trays, 10 GbE, Rails $250 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sneakyimp

Apr 29, 2020
How can I get this server boot from a drive? I was hoping to use my SataDOM but blue sata ports do not seem to power up the SataDOM I have. Now I am not sure where to put an SATA drive and power it.

Mine came with LSI card, either it is 3008 (or 3108 I don't know the difference) and I cannot get Windows to see the drives on the LSI card. In any case, I don't want the OS to be on the SAS card.
There are two 3 pin power connectors near the onboard sata connectors that you can use: Amazon.com: Supermicro CBL-PWEX-0625 3 Pin to 2 Pin SATADOM Power Cable, 12.7cm, 28AWG, RoHS: Computers & Accessories

Reactions: Bert

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
Are you using power connector that are in front of sata ports my satradom power cables included are smaller then the ports.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Are you using power connector that are in front of sata ports my satradom power cables included are smaller then the ports.
Perhaps I misunderstood, which power cables are you referring to?

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
If possible can you post picture of power cable pluged in ? It is hard to judge how large power connectors are

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
To answer my own question both connectors provide 5v for satadom I am using them for boot on both servers I got.
Does anyone knows if the sas ports are nvme ? how do I install u2 nvme ssd ?

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
No satadom power cable on motherboard there are two sata ports and two connectors in front of sata ports the power cable included with my satadom is too small I am not sure if this cable works Amazon.com: Supermicro CBL-PWEX-0625 3 Pin to 2 Pin SATADOM Power Cable, 12.7cm, 28AWG, RoHS: Computers & Accessories
Did this cable work? I bought Innodisk 64GB SATADOM-SL 3ME Solid State Drive | eBay after your link and realized that included power cable does not match with the motherboard header.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Does anybody else's go wah wah wah wah....... ? I bought a couple of the double fan wall fans but no combo of swapouts makes any difference. Neither does unplugging either PSU. So either I got bad fans from eBay or both PSU fans are bad.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Does anybody else's go wah wah wah wah....... ? I bought a couple of the double fan wall fans but no combo of swapouts makes any difference. Neither does unplugging either PSU. So either I got bad fans from eBay or both PSU fans are bad.
Mine is quiet.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
What brand of fans did you get ? You could try different fan controler
Fans are identical to the ones it came with. Same part #, same plug.

Fan controller??? I haven't found any way to control the fans. :(

tritron

Jan 15, 2020
You can buy fan controller board on ebay for the server and I guess you better off getting Noctua fans

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You can buy fan controller board on ebay for the server and I guess you better off getting Noctua fans
I found one Quanta fan control backplane on eBay but it's not the correct one, plugs are different. Do you have a link to the correct one? Thanks.