Quad socket 2011-3 board for cheap (i think inventec B4000B0)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cooldex

Jan 19, 2020
So I believe I brought a inventec B400040 motherbaord but it wont post, I turned it on all the lights come on green, (bmc light blinks green, lan light blinks green and amber stays on, and other system indicators lights stays green) but no video output.

I brought a dedicated gt710 but nothing, I got a gtx 1060 3gb but that can't fit without riser card/wire

I let it stay on all night, same thing no video, I tried onboard VGA , HDMI and VGA on the gt710, nothing.

I cleared the CMOS

cooldex

Jan 19, 2020
So I manage to get the remote server connection establish, check functions and it says system is running fine, and product name is inventec q40000.

But how will I be able to get video on a monitor instead of remote window from another computer.

Im trying to use this as a Ultimate rendering computer get 4 cheap 18core cpus and and TB of ram

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
So I manage to get the remote server connection establish, check functions and it says system is running fine, and product name is inventec q40000.

But how will I be able to get video on a monitor instead of remote window from another computer.

Im trying to use this as a Ultimate rendering computer get 4 cheap 18core cpus and and TB of ram
Haven’t heard of this brand. Is it good? Does it have something like IPMI?

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
So is it the DDR3 board I linked or no?

*Edit: NVM I saw your thread in the deals section.

Last edited:

cooldex

Jan 19, 2020
its ddr3, it does have ipmi with a connector, im trying to get the kvm Remote viewer web based to show video in the portal, only get motherboard health and stats, & control certain functions over the lan

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
on some supermicro board you have options to disable onboard video ouput by setting some very small pin connectors. even when you enable onboard video output in bios but disabled vga pin on the board, you will not have vga output. this is with my 3 supermicro boards (x10, h11 series).
many time supermicro calls this jpg-pin.

can you find some kind of vga (or video) disable pin on the board?

EDIT...did you tried both pci-e slots with your gpu cards?

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
how is your psu now connected? all 4 cpu power cables connected, even when you have 1 cpu installed? try to connect all 4 cpu power cables. you can use delock 83410 molex -> 8pin eps cable converters to connect all 4 cpu power ports.

another point...on your first photo i see 8pin black power port, upper left corner. what is it? eps/atx for cpu? or pci-e power port? maybe you should connect that black to the power, too.

search on internet for differences between pci-e and eps pin layout. don't confuse them

hyltcasper

May 1, 2020
Looks amazing. I just signed up for look to pictures. I was read the forum two years silently. I sent a message to seller to ask a new stock. He said no at this time. Which CPU do you prefer? Is it all DDR3 with V3,V4 processors? How dou you connect SSD drives? Can a NVME drive connect to it?