QNap style case

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for keeping me alive:eek: I used to be just watching. But found this could be of some one's interest. I got mine but the power supply I bought is seasonic ss-400L1U which is a little bit long to fit in the case. my bad.:mad:
Would love to get your thoughts/ tips/ tricks on using these in the forums. I bet a lot of folks would be interested.

mjyu51

May 7, 2013
I am trying to post some pictures/thoughts but didn't figure out how to do it. Still waiting for other parts to come. Will post the results here.

Patrick, I have pretty good communication with them and I can help to get one for the main site review if you approve. Just give me a shipping address and let me do the rest .

Last edited:

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011
Bumping this thread because it hasn't seen any action for a while. I've recently stumbled across the U-NAS NSC-800, and thinking really hard about using it in a couple builds for myself. Reading this thread, it looks like one of the original problems with the case was pricing and availability. But according to this link it looks available now for $225 shipped to the USA.

Anyone on this site done a build with it? I've seen a few random build logs on other hardware forums. No one has reported any major problems. Obvious quirks that may or may not be relevant: PSU is for 1U form-factor. These tend to be loud (whiny 40mm fans), but according to Internet heresay, the Seasonic SS-300M1U fits with an adapter bracket and the fans don't spin below 50% load. Also, not sure about the motherboard and CPU clearance, but just looking at the pictures, there's not much. Obviously a very low-profile cooler is necessary, and it's probably impossible to fit too powerful of a CPU in there (and expect it to not overheat).

Patrick, do you have a review or sample of one of these in the works?

Any other contenders or competitors in the "DIY NAS" space? odditory, any update on the Norco version?

odditory said:
Old thread but as an FYI to anyone interested in the NSC-800, which hasn't thus far been feasible @ $325 shipped from overseas and nobody stateside is importing them, Norco's been developing an 8-bay mini-ITX based case, possibly to debut by EOY and I may well end up with a prototype before release to share here.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I would like to know too if he has one.

I am also a bit concerned about the fact you need a flexible. PCIE extension device to connect an add-in card.