QNAP qm2 dual M2 cards with 10gb networking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Just saw these cards from QNAP one version for sata m2 drives and the other for nvme m2 drives. Wondering if anyone here has used them and if yes what your thoughts were. Also anyone know if these might be windows compatible?

Looks like they would be a bit short on pcie lanes as the specs are showing pcie 2.0 4x but I could find a few uses for a low profile card like this if it could be made to work outside of a QNAP box

Price seems fairly reasonable as well at 240$ retail

QM2 Expansion Card (Add M.2 SSD Slots and 10GbE Connectivity) - Features

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Stats says Gen2 pcie x4, couldn't that be limiting with 2x nvme and 10gbit on just 4 lanes?

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Agreed it will be limiting and you won’t get full speed out of everything at once however I can still see uses for it. In my case if it worked with windows I could see using it in my HP microserver gen10 which is low profile only and has limited pcie lanes. Would allow me to add 10gb networking and a couple of extra ssd drives to it

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
which network chipset is it using?

and does it work with other OS?

interesting card.

Chris

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
There can’t be too many option since it is a nbase-t chipset so I am going to take a guess that it is one of the Aquantia chipsets since that is what most of the nbase-t cards are using these days