Qlogic QLE3142/Netxen NX3-20G Nic Issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Unfadingpyro

Sep 17, 2016
Hello All,

New here so i think this is the right location for this post.

I have a Dell 2950 running ESXi 5.5 and a custom built server running Freenas 9.10. I recently purchased 2 Qlogic QLE3142/NetXen NX3-20G 10gbe nics off ebay to setup a 10gb link between the 2 servers.

I installed the nics and Freenas reconizied the card right away, ESXI on the other hand took some work. After some searching and fiddling i was able to get the Driver installed on ESXI and updated the Firmware on the Nic and it finally showed up in ESXI. I plugged in the SFP+ direct attached cable, but no link.

I thought it was incompatibility with the SFP DAC cable, so i ordered a different "generic" cable, but still no link.

Here are the parts i bought:
Qlogic/NetXen NIC: Netxen 10GB Dual Port PCI-E NIC CARD NX3-20G *104
IBM SFP DAC: NEW! IBM 1m Active 10Gb SFP+ Direct Attach Copper DAC Cable - 95Y0323 - 46K6182
Generic SFP DAC: SFP+ 10G 30AWG Passive Direct Attach Cable (DAC) Twinax Cable 1 Meter

Does anyone have any experience with these cards and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!