Q1 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
Given all the other stuff being covered on STH of late this is likely not a priority . Great work btw. Still curious to the mystery Xeon D & what other treasures you can part with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I know right?!? Sadly, I have been slammed this week with the main site refresh, Optane, Ryzen and FreeNAS.

Will post again as soon as I get to it.

Reactions: wsuff

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Given all the other stuff being covered on STH of late this is likely not a priority . Great work btw. Still curious to the mystery Xeon D & what other treasures you can part with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sorry @wsuff...mystery Xeon-D goes to me :p HAHA

Reactions: wsuff

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
Interested in Xeon-D stuff as well.. i think its more about whos got mo Cash to pay for his new toys :p

Bidding starts at .....

ALTHO @whitey if that means you would sell off one of your X9 Board i might bow out ;)

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Interested in Xeon-D stuff as well.. i think its more about whos got mo Cash to pay for his new toys :p

Bidding starts at .....

ALTHO @whitey if that means you would sell off one of your X9 Board i might bow out ;)
Sure...1 MILLION DOLLARS! HAHA j/k

I like my X9SRL's but I do have a interest in taming the lab a lil' bit w/ Xeon-D...been saying that SOO long that by the time I pull trigger on Xeon-D something else WAAAAY cooler w/ be out/arnd...kinda like the 2670v1 deals, bang for buck though for that platform they ROCK! :-D

Reactions: DaSaint

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
Sure...1 MILLION DOLLARS! HAHA j/k

I like my X9SRL's but I do have a interest in taming the lab a lil' bit w/ Xeon-D...been saying that SOO long that by the time I pull trigger on Xeon-D something else WAAAAY cooler w/ be out/arnd...kinda like the 2670v1 deals, bang for buck though for that platform they ROCK! :-D

My issue with the Xeon-D Family is that i want 10Gb + 2 PCIE bays... (Also would be ideal to have DDR3 ECC/REG but that aint happening. :p )

I run an AllFlash VMware VSAN with a SAS-3008 controller (w/4x 480GB Enterprise SSDS) and a Intel 750 400GB NVME which works awesome. Would need at least the 2x PCIe Bays and the onboard 10Gb which puts me in the realm of This guy... Supermicro X10SDV-7TP8F - High-end Xeon D platform

Then add new memory to max out the board on top probably about $3K a unit