(Purchased) WTB: Looking for 40/10 switch (Gnodal or similar)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Naeblis

Oct 22, 2015
Folsom, CA
Curses to DBA and his DCDW, and Patrick for showing me the light of multiple NVMe drives. Just kidding you two, wish i would have found this site before i started buying equipment. Now it seems harder to get all this newly found I/O off the SAN to the hosts than it was to get it. 10g just does not cut it. Even with multiple cards.. this site is truly the dark side for people like me who have high expectations for performance.

well anyways on to the purpose of this topic. 2 10G dual port cards cannot get the IO/throughput I am expecting and no space for more cards. So time to get a couple of 40G ports and that means a new switch.

Thank you all for your help

Thom

Reactions: Patrick

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'll let you know what I find. I'm on the search for a couple more.

Reactions: Naeblis

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
You can have GS4008 on ebay for a started price 2700$.
If i remember correctly the seller accepted 2500$ (but i refused because it was too much for me).

They are "new" switch and comes with 2.6.4 firmware (or the seller provide the firmware separately).

I was able last month to buy one from ebay for 1500$ (but used instead of new).
It was significantly more expensive than some guys here that successfully buyed some for around 500 ~ 700$.

At this time, i'm happy with this switch. I was recently able to connect a 10Gb/s and 40Gb/s connection to it and build a trunk between the GS4008 and a LB4M switch with 2x 10gb/s links.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
One of the sellers that I bought from just emailed me last week, saying he had 20 more. I can try to follow up with him if interested.