Proxmox Install Issue -- No country?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Installing proxmox on my newly completed Intel 1U system and I finish configuring my ZFS/drives, go to next step and "Country" I can't type anything in that empty field, and it's not a drop down.

Anyone seen this glitch / problem with install?

Update:
I pressed 'tab' a ton and circulated the fields and at one point a fly over/pop-up with countries appeared went to scroll/click and selected one and could never get it to be visible again, so I continued my install.

Also, oddly noticed my 2.5" Intel NVME caddys are not showing any lights, while the SAS3 drives are lit up perfectly, strange strange.

Last edited:

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
I also went into this several times, mostly when installing via IPMI kvm.
Looks like something in the installer's gui (guess it's gtk) is a bit broken / can be messed quite easy.
(i'd guess it's a focusing problem in the end)
Usually keyboard-navigation like you did worked, or reboot and start installer again.

I really wonder why proxmox only has a gui installer and no choice to just do a text-based install like debian does.
Imho really no need for a gui (that messes up) in an installer that consists of very few simple steps.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Yeah, I did a couple more installs and while I could type "u" and a handful of countries now show up that wasn't the case before, rather odd, and yeah not sure about the GUI either.

sno.cn

Sep 23, 2016
For some reason I usually see this happen when I install without a network connection. Like the same feature that pre-populates the networking section of the installer is also responsible for this piece or something...

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Something is definitely broken there, for a while now ...
Quite sad, as it's one of the first things new users see when trying proxmox.

Rhinox

May 27, 2013
One more "feature" on the same install-page: you can not select timezone you want. Only those hard-coded to the country are possible. So for example, for the country "Britain UK" you can have only "Europe/London" timezone. No GMT, no UTC...

Edit:
One more great "feature": I selected swap size 0 (zero), Proxmox 5.0 created swap 1.5GB. Good joke! Proper on-line backups? Impossible! The longer I play with it, the less I like it. Time to go back to ESXi...

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Minus