1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxmox best practices

Discussion in 'Linux Admins, Storage and Virtualization' started by Cadal, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:29 AM.

1. Cadal

Cadal New Member

Hi,

New to Proxmox and checking it out have been searching around for some best practice guides.

Found the wiki (Proxmox VE), even some books that i prob wont buy (Books on Proxmox VE).

Currently looking for any best practices for adding storage from zfs pool and I found this What are Proxmox VE 4.4 best practices for adding storage from ZFS pool? Templates, containers, images, isos, backups, etc. • r/homelab but happy for anyone more experienced to chime in.

I may want to try Ceph down the road too but dont have the gear at the moment (still need a lot of expensive bits - thanks Australia tax).

2. Jeggs101

Jeggs101 Well-Known Member

3. RobertFontaine

RobertFontaine Active Member

I liked the proxmox plus freenas article. Still kind of leaning towards esxi as the rest of the team uses vm workstation pro fairly heavily but I do like open source.