Proxmox all in one - LXC Bind Mounts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

s0rce

Feb 27, 2016
edit: I'm dumb -- you have to create the folder first, then stop the container and then run it again with the mp.

I'm building a proxmox all in one using a freenas KVM with few drives passed through. Similar to the article here The Proxmox VE KVM-based All-in-One with FreeNAS. I've got my freenas running and a couple lxc containers with ubuntu. I've added the freenas storage as nfs in proxmox

I wasn't able to figure out some of the custom content like shown here: All-In-One Redux - Proxmox & FreeNAS

These nfs mounts are accessible in the proxmox host.

However, when I add mp0: /mnt/pve/apps,mp=/mnt/pve/apps to /etc/pve/lxc/###.conf then the container won't start:

lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 344 The container failed to start.
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 346 To get more details, run the container in foreground mode.
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 348 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.
TASK ERROR: command 'lxc-start -n 101' failed: exit code 1

I'm somewhat stuck here as I have no idea how to run the container in the foreground or turn on logging. I'm new to proxmox and containers but have been running ZFS on solaris with virtualbox for about 5 years. I don't remember it being this complicated to set up.

Last edited: