Proxmox 7.1 released

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013

It's based on Debian 11.1 "Bullseye" but using a newer Linux kernel 5.13, QEMU 6.1, LXC 4.0, Ceph 16.2.6, and OpenZFS 2.1. and countless enhancements and bugfixes.

Proxmox Virtual Environment brings several new functionalities and many improvements for management tasks in the web interface: support for Windows 11 including TPM, enhanced creation wizard for VM/container, ability to set backup retention policies per backup job in the GUI, and a new scheduler daemon supporting more flexible schedules..

Here is a selection of the highlights
  • Debian 11.1 "Bullseye", but using a newer Linux kernel 5.13
  • LXC 4.0, Ceph 16.2.6, QEMU 6.1, and OpenZFS 2.1
  • VM wizard with defaults for Windows 11 (q35, OVMF, TPM)
  • New backup scheduler daemon for flexible scheduling options
  • Backup retention
  • Protection flag for backups
  • Two-factor Authentication: WebAuthn, recovery keys, multiple factors for a single account
  • New container templates: Fedora, Ubuntu, Alma Linux, Rocky Linux
  • and many more enhancements, bugfixes, etc.

Reactions: Patrick and Marsh

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hey @tjk if you see those come across, let me know and maybe I can have Cliff cover this.

In the middle of an end-of-year sprint right now so I probably will not see this.

Reactions: tjk

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Hey @tjk if you see those come across, let me know and maybe I can have Cliff cover this.

In the middle of an end-of-year sprint right now so I probably will not see this.
Hey @Patrick - lots of discussions at Proxmox VE 7.1 released! | Proxmox Support Forum about it, has to do with a kernel "bug" with io_uring, they are working on a patch for a new kernel release is my take away from that thread and one of the devs Proxmox VE 7.1 released! | Page 4 | Proxmox Support Forum.