Proxmox 5 Tutorials?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JonnyBoy

Jan 20, 2018
I'm new to Proxmox and was wondering if anyone could suggest any good tutorials on Proxmox from installation all the way to setting up everything and creating VMs? Is it all done by the command line? I'm used to VMware.

For instance I've installed it on my SATADOM but now want to make other disks available for VMs etc.

JonnyBoy

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks Patrick, I saw that, but I didn't understand how I can add the physical drives to pools to allow for new volumes to be used by the VMs if that makes sense? When I installed it I only selected the single SATADOM and installed ZFS on that for Proxmox. So I want to user my other drives now for hosting the VMs.

Do I have to use the CLI then like this: pvesm add <TYPE> <STORAGE_ID> <OPTIONS> or is there a way to do that from the GUI?

(Also thanks for this website, I really enjoy seeing what you do here!)

JonnyBoy

Jan 20, 2018
As for a tutorial, I guess something that just goes from install to setting up everything from storage to vm's to containers etc with screenshots and explanations for beginners. Most of the documentation I've found is a bit lower level than that.