Proposals and upcoming features post.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi Patrick,

How about a sticky at the top of this thread with the ideas proposed here that are worth implementing and a priority and any other stuff you are looking to enhance the site with.

Would help to give some transparency as to the sites roadmap and helps make sure varipus good proposals don't get forgotten.

RB

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Why would you lock that thread?

In other news,,, I never realized how much there is involved in this site. I'd always thought you basically just have the site up and write reviews.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
The reason I closed the thread to new posts is because I wanted to keep the thread clean and use this forum to discuss potential changes. Having one thread that over a year becomes 1000+ posts makes it hard to separate discussions on individual features.

And yea, writing reviews, doing back-end maintenance, testing features before they go live, product briefings, user administration and etc. Really STH is at a point where it needs to scale since it is getting hard to do so much of the content plus all of the other stuff.

To give you an idea, STH is now about 1/2 the size of Tom's IT Pro but the STH monthly budget is about the same as TIP's single article budget.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
OK makes sense. I never thought about the fact that there is a lot of stuff you are doing that we do not necessarily see.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Cool.

Just as I imagined. Sticky for Work In Progress / on the list. Discussion on the forum rather than the sticky thread.

It also highlights just how much you are doing for KTLO and making improvements.

Good job Patrick (the whole STH site).