Project TinyMiniMicro HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Mini CE Review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I'd like to see if you can manage to jam a 10 gig PCI-E card in one of them. I was researching a similar project recently and stumbled across this post on the Lenovo support forums: ThinkCentre Tiny - PCIe Riser card: p/n 01AJ902, Taisol, M920q, M910q-English Community

You have to find the riser and you won't have a support bracket, but it sounds like that poster was able to get a Mellanox Connectx-2 into a ThinkCentre M920 Tiny. :)
Different machine, different topic. The Lenovo m720q/m920q/p320/p330s all have PCIe risers, the first 2 with x8 (with an x4 splitter the most popular) while the latter 2 have x16 risers and splitters. The HP EliteDesk minis and Optiplex Micros don't have this. Check the main thread for more info.

nickf1227

Sep 23, 2015
Just to confirm Patrick's own testing on this, he sent me one with a 200GE.
The Ryzen-based 200GE does not POST on this board. :(

Per HP's doc:

There was an update to the AGESA microcode to support Ryzen processors on SFF, but that line item is missing for the Mini's. Seems that you are locked into the "A" series chips on this platform.