Problem with Ga-MZ31-AR0, the first single socket AMD EPYC Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
Hello,

We got 3 graphics cards working, with the F06 bios.

Changes :

- 4g decoding disabled
- sr iov enabled
- Legacy mode
- Legacy vga external on pcie slot 1

The 3 cards work on pcie slot 1,4 and 6.

But when we add a fourth gpu the system won't boot and we have to reflash the bios.

Our 4 ram sticks are in A0,A1 and B0,B1.

Anybody some ideas to get the 4th card working ?

Maybe an older bios ?

Thanks.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
What are these 4 Graphics, you want to insert and how are they suppose to work ? Are these 4 PCI eXpress 3.0 16x devices ?
What OS are you going to use ? give me more details, perhaps i can figure something out !

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
We got 4 Asus rtx 2080 dual oc, they are pcie 3.0 x16 . We are running windows 10 pro and the 3 cards are properly recognized and work.

We work with riser cables, the thermaltake tt premium pci-e extender. ( TT Premium PCI-E 3.0 Extender – 300mm | ttpremium )

But when we add the 4th gpu the sytem won't boot (the 2 boot leds won't light up or blink) and there is no signal to our monitor. We are using hdmi on the 1st gpu in slot 1 (outside of the board). So we think that there is something with the motherboard with bios problems or maybe to much power draw from the pcie slot. It could also be the case that the rtx series aren't supported yet.

The system is going to be used for deep learning with tensor flow, but we just have to build it and get the 4 gpu's working with windows.

Could it be that windows server 2012 or 2016 would be better for the system ?

Thanks in advance

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
2 sli bridges might work but probably defeat purpose be like 2 cards instead of 4. Might have to reach out to gigabyte for bios. Think you want 4g enabled if running all single cards disabled for sli.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
Are you connecting the Cards on Slot 2 4 5 7 ?
These are the ones that are wired pci express 16x.
You can only connect the cards directly on the motherboard slot on the 5th and 7th slot, the other ones need risers.

You could try to set onboard vga on default and try to boot like that. You will have the asspeed vga in windows, but maybe it boots like that.
I have pci express 16x GPU on slot 5 and 7, and a 16x pci 3.0 card on slot 2, and it works with no problem.

Even when i added a third gpu on slot 3.

Also you gotta take notice, the slots are different numbered. Starting from the TOP, the slot numbers are 7,6,5,4,3,2,1; Slot number one being last slot on the bottom.

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
We will try the 4g decoding part and the onboard vga tomorrow. We got 3 cards, on slot 1 4 and 6 with riser cable's. Putting a card directly on the board isn't a good idea since they are 2.7 slot cards and will conflict with the riser cables.

Attachments

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
I'd guess 1 3 4 and 6 with risers as slot 5 probably 8x missing pins in photo and 7 obviously is 8 x

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
We got the 3 cards working with the onboard vga, but with the 4g dcoding it keeps freezing. Now with 4 cards we won't get a signal.

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
with 4 cards got this error :

System Software event: System Firmware Post sensor, System Firmware Error (POST error) (Unrecoverable video controller failure) was asserted

Attachments

Last edited:

mavie21

Dec 27, 2016
I face the same issue with my mining machine with 8x GPU..

what I did to is first uninstall the driver using DDU
4G encode need to be enabled
reinstall driver and issue fix.

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
Update :

We got 3 cards working on F10, but when we add a 4th the same error occurs, the display won't get signal and the boot leds are off. We have to reflash the system to get it back up and running with 3 cards.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Try acs disable iomm disable 4g enabled and outboard via disabled.card slots to uefi
No sli bridge

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
The secret usually combination of 4g decode and acs to get many single cards and then it's another issue to get sli have to usually mess with those 2 settings again for sli crossfire.but if those 2 settings not right in bios Rev then you need flash they might add an auto etc

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
Iomm is disabled, 4g enabled , but we can't find the acs option you mentioned. Can you explain this a bit more ? : outboard via disabled.card slots to uefi .

In legacy mode you can choose in the vga legacy tab if you want external 1/8 or onboard .

VincentdeG

Oct 12, 2018
When we select external vga, we can choose 1,2,3 till 8. while there are 7 pcie slots. We got 3x rtx2080 working on slot 1 4 and 6 but when we add a 4th one on slot 3 or 5 the system won't boot and there is no signal to the monitor.

We tested with 4x 1070ti, on slot 1,3,4 and 6 and we got into windows, but only 2 gpu's are recognized. We will check tomorrow if enabling 4g decoding will help.

xdregox

Sep 29, 2018
Well your def a pioneer. Acs control is not in your bios to bad it's in all of my boards.i would try slot 35,37,38 and 40 with pci riser cables on 37 and 38. Think you will have to rerun drivers but contact gigabyte for bios probably required. Asrack made a beta bios on our C612 Intel to enable 7 video cards. Good luck should be easier with 1070 testing as 2080 new may have some issues to iron out.