Problem downloading Napp-It

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ipreferpie

May 27, 2018
Hi there, I've been trying over the last 48hrs to download OmniOS 151028 stable for ESXi 6.7 from the Napp-It site, using the Magentacloud link. However, I'm averaging only 60kbps on my 1Gbps WAN and the download token expires before I can complete it. Does anyone know where I can get the ESXi ready version from any link that is faster? Much appreciated!

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
There are two links in napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris : Downloads Prefer the current 032 stable edition. They are from two providers but both in Germany.

Other Option:
-Install OmniOS 1510xx from .iso (min 40GB, Solaris 11) with dhcp networking on e1000
prefer the current 151032/34 as there are many new and important features like encryption, special vdev, smb3, trim, minIO/S3 support etc

when OmniOS is up
Code:
- add vmware tools: pkg install open-vm-tools
- add and use the faster vmxnet3 nic in ESXi
- add napp-it: wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl
The .ova adds a basic tuning and TLS support for encrypted email

Last edited:

ipreferpie

May 27, 2018
Thank you very much for the links. I definitely prefer the tuned .ova version. However it was these 2 links I used that has been failing the last few days. It’s a combination of the slow speed and the token reset that doesn’t allow me to download completion. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of another link alternative? Many thanks

ipreferpie

May 27, 2018
Thank you so much for that! I managed to download that in under 2min from GDrive. You're right -- must be something between the DE/US servers. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to provide links to zfs_vsan_omni030_esxi67u3v2.ova and OI-2017.04-gui.ova for OpenIndiana? Much appreciated for your help

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I will preserve the google download link for current .ovas