1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing help for Netgear 10GBe switch

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rand__, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

So a couple of months ago I got two Netgear M7300-24XF/XSM7224S switches.
    Those are older (2013) datacenter switches with 24 SFP+ ports and (shared) 4x10GBe but still are available today since Netgear has not updated them yet.

Current price new is 6k€, on top these switches have the L3 license which clicks in another 1K€'s.

Unfortunately them being Netgear o/c the Lifetime pro hardware and software support is not transferable which is ... not nice.

Since those are total overkill for me and are quite power hungry (90w idle) I decided to sell them on ebay since I know network stuff is not going so well here. Started at 1300 which is high but thought, why not.
    Sale is not going so well so I am down to 850, still little interest ;)

So I thought I'd check with someone else whether my pricing expectation is too high or them being just not interesting to the majority of ppl...
    I assume there is a bunch of cheaper/better alternatives like the LB4M/6M at lower prices and same power level which would drive prices down - so what is a fair price in your opinion?
    Thanks

2. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

Nobody?;)