Price Drop! Server Cisco UCS C240-M3S servers, Dell Z9000, and other odds and ends

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
May 8, 2015
I believe the 6036 switch is able to have this Mellanox UNified Fabric Manager to give it additional features. eg Infiniband to ethernet gateways. Do these features require an additional add on license?
So if you are referring to UPGR-6036-GW (Infiniband to Ethernet Gateway license) then no... That license costs $10,000 by itself. That's in addition to the cost of purchasing the switch.

May 8, 2015
Any idea if the Cisco servers will take GTX cards.
It shouldn't have any problems. It's not picky about the cards that it accepts. I've had a lot of different add on cards in them. Just won't have control of them from the bios like you would if it were a Cisco card with the option-rom enabled.

May 8, 2015
There are two risers. It's full height full length on one full height half length on the other I believe. I've had a phi in it.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Just curious did you get those Cisco servers off ebay when they were like 300 bucks?

May 8, 2015
Just curious did you get those Cisco servers off ebay when they were like 300 bucks?
Yup! They were empty though. Selling them at cost. Original price was taking a little bit for my time and putting them all together and trying to recoup the shipping costs. Current Price is exactly what I paid for the chassis and components within minus the shipping that I paid to get everything to me. Not looking to profit off of this community. People I've purchased things from here and the deals I've found because of this site have enabled me to make my lab what it is. If anyone is actually serious about purchasing them, I can give you the exact price breakdown for everything inside and show you what I paid per component.