powershell upgrade HD code

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by cesmith9999, Feb 23, 2015.

1. cesmith9999

cesmith9999 Well-Known Member

I wrote this script to automate upgrading my 1.5 TB disks to 3 TB disks on my storage spaces.

$MissingDisk = $Null
    $ReplacementDisk = $null

#Find Missing disk
    $MissingDisk = Get-PhysicalDisk | Where-Object { $_.OperationalStatus -eq 'Lost Communication' }
    $MissingDisk

#retire Missing disk from storagepool
    $MissingDisk | Set-PhysicalDisk -Usage Retired

#find replacement disk - assumes that any free disk will get added to the pool.
    while ($ReplacementDisk -eq $null) {
    $ReplacementDisk = Get-PhysicalDisk | where {$_.canpool -eq $true}
    $ReplacementDisk
    if ($ReplacementDisk -eq $null) {sleep -seconds 10}
    }

#add the replacement disk(s) to the pool
    Add-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $ReplacementDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName StoragePool01

#look at the health of the virtual disks
    $VDisk = get-virtualdisk | where {$_.OperationalStatus -like "Degraded"}
    $VDisk

#rebuild the virtual disks - smallest to largest
    foreach ($vd in $VDisk | sort allocatedsize ) {repair-virtualdisk $vd.friendlyname}

#remove the failed disk form the pool - manual confirmation
    remove-physicaldisk -PhysicalDisks $MissingDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName StoragePool01 -confirm:$false

To be honest. I stole some of this code from someone else's webpage. but I definitely made this my own.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Patrick likes this.