1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerplan setting impact on Xeon clock speed

Discussion in 'DIY Server and Workstation Builds' started by maxermaxer, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:45 PM.

1. maxermaxer

maxermaxer Member

I know this is a noob question but I am wondering what settings can impact Xeon's clock speed in Windows OS.

The reason I ask this is because I found that if I turn Power Plan setting to High Performance in Windows the clock speed of my Dual Xeon rig boost up. The Xeon CPU work nicely on its turbo boost maximum speed from time to time nicely! I didn't realise how much impact this could be on the system.

I am wondering what other settings in Windows can impact the clock speed? I am not sure if I miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk