Power Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
You are probably able to jump the motherboard. Have a look in the manual.
Yes I looked over it the power supply is not even turning on to power the motherboard I'm thinking I have some connectors in wrong but that cant be the case I have the ATXPWR2 and the ATXPWR1 plugged in and I'm getting nothing.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
The power supply has a switch yes but the mobo I don't believe it has a power button that I can see.
Make sure 8pin cpu and 24 pin main power plug connected..lol

some MB do have a build in power switch but a lot don't. you will need to look at the MB manual to find the pins layout for the front panel connector wires. Then look for the positive and negative pin for the power switch connector and use a screwdrive flat blade to momentarily connect the two pins and it should turn on .

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Make sure 8pin cpu and 24 pin main power plug connected..lol

some MB do have a build in power switch but a lot don't. you will need to look at the MB manual to find the pins layout for the front panel connector wires. Then look for the positive and negative pin for the power switch connector and use a screwdrive flat blade to momentarily connect the two pins and it should turn on .
Yep its connected

Tried everything this baby will not turn on the power supply is a 550w as well.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Yep its connected

Tried everything this baby will not turn on the power supply is a 550w as well.
Did you look at the MB manual and find the front panel connector on the MB and momentarily short the pos and neg pins for the power switch?

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Did you look at the MB manual and find the front panel connector on the MB and momentarily short the pos and neg pins for the power switch?
Yes the motherboard is not getting any power at all so shorting it wont do any good but yes the pins are here:

Still getting nothing. I even went out and bought a bigger power supply the 850W BQ EVGA

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Mught be missing something.. did any light on the board comes up after you okug in psu and flip the switch on psu?

Circle the pins in the pic that you short

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Mught be missing something.. did any light on the board comes up after you okug in psu and flip the switch on psu?

Circle the pins in the pic that you short
No nothing came on no clicks no lights nothing. I plugged the PSU into another board I have and it came right up.

I’ll have to get another picture when I get to the office tomorrow. It’s basically the two on the far right.

sd11

Jun 2, 2016
It should be the two pins far right on the top going hirizontal if you're looking at the mobo writing properly.

Unplug that pcie USB riser card you had plugged in.

Nothing works until you short those pins or plug in a proper switch.

Maybe have someone locally look at it before ordering a new one?

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
It should be the two pins far right on the top going hirizontal if you're looking at the mobo writing properly.

Unplug that pcie USB riser card you had plugged in.

Nothing works until you short those pins or plug in a proper switch.

Maybe have someone locally look at it before ordering a new one?
I tried it with an on and off click button as well and nothing came on.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
JCMOS1, front right corner according to the manual (see section 2.6). It should be open, i.e not jumpered in normal use. I would place the jumper on it and clear any old cmos settings first, then remove it and try powering up :)

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
JCMOS1, front right corner according to the manual. It should be open, i.e not jumpered in normal use. I would place the jumper on it and clear any old cmos settings first, then remove it and try powering up :)
When you say place a jumper on it what do you mean by that nothing else came with the motherboard?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Usually there would be a jumper on the board, as supplied, for clearing the CMOS, often just hanging on one pin, but if it's not there, you can use a small flat blade screwdriver to short those 2 pins and hold for 5 secs to clear the CMOS instead :)

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Usually there would be a jumper on the board, as supplied, for clearing the CMOS, often just hanging on one pin, but if it's not there, you can use a small flat blade screwdriver to short those 2 pins and hold for 5 secs to clear the CMOS instead :)
Nothing happens when I do that. Its probably because the power supply is not even turning on. When I put it on another motherboard the power supply comes on but when its on this one nothing at all happens.