Power Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Have you tried cleaning and re-seating the CPU and RAM? Checked the CPU socket for damage? Has the CPU been tested before now?

I guess you'll find out tomorrow when the replacement arrives what the issue is :)

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Have you tried cleaning and re-seating the CPU and RAM? Checked the CPU socket for damage? Has the CPU been tested before now?

I guess you'll find out tomorrow when the replacement arrives what the issue is :)
No I did not test the CPU it was brand new. I don't have the CPU on the mobo right now and the mobo will not power on.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
The bios won't run itself...it needs the CPU at the very least. The mainboard won't power on without it being installed and operational :)

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
New mobo just came in and plugged everything up and still will not power on this is pretty ridiculous.

I don't need a hard drive on here do I? I'm watching some videos and all of them the users seem to have hard drives. I figured all I needed was the OS on the usb.

Last edited:

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Problem solved it was the mobo the new mobo power on perfectly with an on and off switch.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
oh well, glad new one works. hard to say if that was due to the initial hiccup or not..

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
oh well, glad new one works. hard to say if that was due to the initial hiccup or not..
I'm thinking it was because I tried powering it on without the 24 pin adapter that probably shorted the board out. Its fixed now onto trying to get everything to show up on my pc screen to configure it.

ScootingCat

Apr 17, 2015
More likely because you plugged the 8-pin PCIe power connector from the P/S into the 8-pin CPU power connection on the MB. I still can't figure out how you did that since they are keyed totally different.