Potential deal on Supermicro 846B chassis with SAS2/920P-SQ/more

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cipher

Aug 8, 2014
That would be roughly correct. However, that is NOT the landed cost, just the shipping cost. You're still responsible for any additional charges they may slap on, and will hold your shipment until they are paid.

If you need me to ship to you in Canada, lemme know and I'll adjust the invoice accordingly.
Thank you for update, Kapone. Lets keep my original US shipping address as I'll be going there in 2-3 weeks.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Less than 24 hrs since I pm'd you requesting a total. Anyway, I'm out. Good luck to the rest of you.
And I did reply right away, but regardless, my apologies for the fluidity of the situation. The seller is anxious to get stuff out of his warehouse and other folks are chomping at the bit to get their stuff.

I wish I had the luxury of time on this, but I don't.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
i doubt everyone on the list will back out on the last one, but please let me know they do. i would like to get one as well. Thx!

kapone

May 23, 2015
Well folks, it's a wrap. All chassis' committed and paid for.

I'll work on generating the shipping labels tonight. I'm shooting for having UPS pick up everything in Washington tomorrow, but keep in mind that once I send the labels, the seller still has a bit of work to do, in slapping them on the boxes.

Worst case, they will go out on Sat.

Edit: Once I generate the labels, there may be minor discrepancies in the shipping amounts that I've charged each of you, vs the actual amount. The difference should be minimal, but I'll let each of you know accordingly.

mikehunt114

Sep 19, 2017
And I did reply right away, but regardless, my apologies for the fluidity of the situation. The seller is anxious to get stuff out of his warehouse and other folks are chomping at the bit to get their stuff.

I wish I had the luxury of time on this, but I don't.
It's a moot point, but I'd like to clarify: you replied to my pm about 7 hours later (not right away, and at 3:30am my time) and I responded that evening after work, which was about 16 hours later (less than 24 hours since I first pm'd). Looks like @antsh didn't get much time either, but it's obviously your call, not mine.

kapone

May 23, 2015
It's a moot point, but I'd like to clarify: you replied to my pm about 7 hours later (not right away, and at 3:30am my time) and I responded that evening after work, which was about 16 hours later (less than 24 hours since I first pm'd). Looks like @antsh didn't get much time either, but it's obviously your call, not mine.
Again, I apologize, if this didn't work in your case. I tried my best to make it work.

Even convincing the seller to hold on to the stuff, after I paid for the whole lot, and having him slap different labels on different boxes, etc, vs a pallet coming to me, it took some work on my part. I did all this to save everybody a few bucks, and not pay double shipping. But that did come with some time constraints.

My apologies once again.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Folks - I tried my best to have all the shipping labels and paperwork (for Canadians) done by yesterday, but I failed. I was swamped with work, and it took just too long.

All labels and export forms have been generated and sent to the seller, as of right now. UPS will pick up everything on Monday.

I'll contact each of you via PM, if there's any shipping estimates that need to be settled.

Reactions: wsuff and sth

mpennett

Apr 11, 2017
Mine arrived with a cdrom in the rear but otherwise seems ok. Will build it over the weekend to test.

kapone

May 23, 2015
What?? That shouldn't happen. I'll follow up.

@mpennett - Please take a picture of the rear of the chassis and send it to me.

sth

Oct 29, 2015
sorry for more bad news but mine has turned up without CD-ROM or dual 2.5" bays, the rear of the chassis has been bashed in due to some pretty poor packaging, no rails (external or internal) and the two 920 PSUs are really 902-1R PSU's! The fans are dislodged and rattling round in the case too bouncing off the backplane.....

Image 2018-02-01 21-35-58.jpg

Last edited:

kapone

May 23, 2015
This is not looking good...I'm embarrassed. As y'all know, these were shipped directly from the seller's warehouse and I did not have the opportunity to check/confirm everything.

Rest assured, I'll take care of this.

Edit: All shipments included insurance, so if this was UPS's fault, they were insured.

sth

Oct 29, 2015
I know, I have empathy with you trying to help fellow STH'ers out. Hope you can resolve this without pain and expense.
Hey - can I have first dibs on one of the straight ones with dual rear 2.5" bays from your stash! LOL

kapone

May 23, 2015
The seller has been informed and him and I'll work on each issue one by one.

kapone

May 23, 2015
I know, I have empathy with you trying to help fellow STH'ers out. Hope you can resolve this without pain and expense.
Hey - can I have first dibs on one of the straight ones with dual rear 2.5" bays from your stash! LOL
Mine haven't arrived yet... but now I'm not confident that they will be straight or have any rear bays. :)

If they do, no, you cannot have them. :) You will have your money back though, once I sort out this mess.