Potential Deal? Dell Precision R7910

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Emulsifide

Dec 1, 2014
I have a few of these at work for employees who want their workstation secured in our data center. They use a Teradici PCoIP card to use them remotely. They're the workstation equivalent of a PowerEdge R730. Nice find, but you're going to potentially spend gobs of money populating them with DDR4 ram and processors. I honestly don't know if they're picky or not on what types/brands of memory they support.

Reactions: rockitlikeithott
May 8, 2015
I have a few of these at work for employees who want their workstation secured in our data center. They use a Teradici PCoIP card to use them remotely. They're the workstation equivalent of a PowerEdge R730. Nice find, but you're going to potentially spend gobs of money populating them with DDR4 ram and processors. I honestly don't know if they're picky or not on what types/brands of memory they support.
Definitely would get costly in terms of processors but with 32GB LRDimms selling for $150.00 a pop memory wouldn't be that outrageous. That being said you bring up a good point about them potentially being picky about memory. My only comfort here is that the R730 isn't too picky about memory.