Potential deal? 128GB 8x16GB Samsung DDR3 ECC $265

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
it's quad rank ram, 33 bucks a dimm. the main benefit is it's 1333 and not 1066 or 800. not really sure it's a super great deal.

Last edited:

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Man I actually ran out to my car for this one because eBay doesn't work @ work.

Hong Kong + 1 month shipping time makes it meh for me...

Reactions: StevenDTX

42bios

Oct 22, 2017
SouthTirol
I just ordered a kit for testing, should it go I'll use it for my S2600CP (hope it will run until the memory arrives...) otherwise the memory goes in the two other server to replace the 16GB desktop ram...

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
DRAM prices fluctuate, but I've been able to find these at around $25/16GB from US sellers in used working condition. Usually hynix though, not Samsung. So I think there are better deals. Quad rank also means if you fill a system with these, likely to down clock to 800mhz; be sure to check your boards manual.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Would this work on 2011 systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should work. I think sum of ranks / channel <=8, so you can only populate 2 / channel. If you have 3 slots per channel you can't use the 3rd slot. So DIMM A1, A2, A3-empty; B1, B2, B3-empty; ...
Supermicro has a PDF doc Memory configuration s for X9 MBs on their site.
You should also be able to mix modules with different ranks 1,2,4
Mixing of speeds & voltages is not recommended mixed speeds - all the modules run at slowest speed
Mixed Voltage - higher voltage (pc3L runs at pc3)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw2SHYfN4QdXBhpX66yHvHuk

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gigatexal

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Decent price. The seller would probably take off 10% for fee's, another 3% if bank transfer and a 7% extra for bulk would put you at a 20% additional discount; if you are willing to take those risks.

42bios

Oct 22, 2017
SouthTirol
The seller sent me following message:
Dear friend,
Good day and thanks so much for your order from our store.
And there is a thing i need to tell you in time : we tested this Samsung server rams earlier and then we could ship it to customers ,but unfortunately we found the rams cannot work well, it has some error problem. Then we tested more of this item ,but the same issue still existed.
So We thought maybe our supplier offered us some defect products.
So for this listing item , ealier today we had adjusted its price higher, to rise its price up to avoid customers to buy it any more. But just noticed that system error the price was wrong, and you just bought it . We are so sorry.
So here to be responsible for you, we cannot sent bad item to you for responsibility.
Then we have to help you to cancel this order and full refund to you .
And here waiting for your early confirmation.
If you don't see this message timely in 12hours ,then i will directly help you cancel the order and refund you.
Sincerely regards

Reactions: warlockedyou