postcode Dell C6100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
Hello,

I just start my new motherboard of Dell C6100 with one L5520 and 6*2Go but i have a problem:

when i start the system, i have nothing on the screen and a code post on the led looks like a 63. I search but i haven't find anything about this code.

I have access to the megarac and i see nothin crazy or whatever. With the console redirection i haven't anything too.

have you an idea?

Thanks

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
hello,

thanks for your reply!

nop :/ i can just have acces to the ipmi and that's all.

i contact a dell sav by a french forum and he say's, i need some stuff around the motherboard.

I have her naked, just the motherboard, not the psu plate or whatever.

do you think it's the problem?

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
hello,

thanks for your reply!

nop :/ i can just have acces to the ipmi and that's all.

i contact a dell sav by a french forum and he say's, i need some stuff around the motherboard.

I have her naked, just the motherboard, not the psu plate or whatever.

do you think it's the problem?

I did encounter this before. Using ipmi power on after 2 retry, lights on with similar status as yours and doesnt boot.

So I thought its bricked, i simply remove everything including cpu and resit it back. Battery removed for 1-2 days, afterwhich i slot back to the chassis and surprisingly it boot up through ipmi, but not through on/off button.

Maybe you can try it but no assurance it will works or will it reoccurs again as i left it as spare node.

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
thanks for the tip, i try it tomorrow.

but i think i'm not in the same configuration because i want yo use the motherboard out of the true case.

i hop you tip work ^^

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
i tried and nothing change :/

i think it's missing something for the HDD, for example the raid card in supp

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
i tried and nothing change :/

i think it's missing something for the HDD, for example the raid card in supp
no i dont think so my c6100 mobo booted the first time i turned it one and that is with one e5520 and 22gb of mis-match ram and no hdd or raid controllers or anything just that

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
how did you turn your motherboard on in the video? did it just turn on by itself or did you connect a power button to the fp header and where did you get your motherboard?

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
the motherboard turn on automatically, and the motherboard is alone, just the MB, nothin else

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
the motherboard turn on automatically, and the motherboard is alone, just the MB, nothin else
yeah.... that sounds like a dead motherboard to me since you alreaddy tried a diferent cpu and memory so there is not a whole lot more to test apart from maybe the psu
oh and if you live in europe you can send the motherbord to me and i might be able to test it with my hardware to see if it is actually the board

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
yes i'm in europe, France. Thansk for the proposal!

I waiting about a cpu, i think today, i give a feedback when i test it

MACscr

May 4, 2011
Grr, I think one of mine died as well. Turns on through the power button, but thst button never lights up and no display. Can't ping ipmi, but not 100% sure I have the right ip. Sad as I was just going to take this system to my colo this weekend. :(

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
that is sad to hear :( but if you want i could refer you to a person that sells c6100 motherboards for 50euro's that is where i got my motherboard and mine is working perfectly fine

Reactions: gizmo15

MACscr

May 4, 2011
Thanks, but I found someone in the US that had the boards with the sleds for $110 and free shipping. Not great, but not horrible. Sure hope this resolves it. I dint test the CPUs like I should have though, but I have two I can pull from if I have to.

Reactions: legopc

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
end of story: i received the MB of legopc and it's work! so mine is dead :/ by the way, i have mine :D