PoE passthrough managed switch?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rootpeer

Oct 19, 2019
Hello,

I need a small (5-8 ports) PoE passthrough switch to extend part of my network.

Must be PoE powered (af or at, not passive) and must have one PoE passthrough port where I can plug a 12-15w access point.

Is there anything else apart from the Unifi US-8? I would very much like something from Ruckus/Brocade if it exists but Also looking for other recommendations.

I would prefer that it did not need a controller like the Unifi one.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
no experience,

Reactions: rootpeer

Tom5051

Jan 18, 2017
unifi only need the controller setup on a PC so you can configure the switch, then you can turn it off forever. Alternatively their Edge Switch product line has management built in.

ru me

Jun 2, 2018
the hp 517 walljacks could be interesting too. They can be found in the $10 range. They have one passthrough POE. You should buy them with the bracket, otherwise they are hard to mount. They do need a controller box for management, e.g. MSM 720 which is one of the higher end options. So for only one 517 this might be too expensive or cumbersome. The built in Wifi can be either set to 2.4 gHz or 5 gHz ac

Reactions: rootpeer