PlinkUSA IPC-G252S?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AndrewX192

Apr 10, 2016
I recently purchased a 2U plinkusa chassis (IPC-G252S) after having decent results with one of their 3U chassis (IPC-3013S) in the past. I was drawn in by chassis being short-depth (I use a 4 post AV rack), support for FlexATX power supplies (instead of the SFX-L I have in my 3U) and plenty of options for storage and motherboard sizes (all the way up to ATX). I'm still waiting for my motherboard (SuperMicro X11SCH-F), CPU (Xeon E-2136), and 64GB of DDR4 ECC UDIMMs to arrive, so I have some time to do more planning.

One thing I noticed was that this chassis is only really built for 2 60mm fans. I'll be replacing these with Noctua 4 pin PWM fans as I would normally do, but I anticipated that there would be more options on the side and rear of the chassis where the perforated, however there's no 7/32 screw holes to support mounting fans. Has anyone else used these smaller plinkusa chassis and had trouble with cooling? I'd prefer to get 3-4 fans in this chassis, especially if I upgrade to EPYC in the future.

Currently I'm considering installing the StarTech BRACKET425F in the 5.25" bays or tapping out some holes to insert more 60mm fans (though they'd probably blow outward to avoid bringing in more dust).

AndrewX192

Apr 10, 2016
Yes, I recently got a replacement IO window, but I've already moved on the SuperMicro SC523L I posted about in another thread. It looks like it should address the issue, but I don't have a motherboard that is ATX 12x9.5 to test in it (my ATX 12x10 does not fit).

I plan to do some sort of cheap build in this chassis to verify that it would work and sell it off.