Plex setup and network share

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

caplam

Dec 12, 2018
Hi,

I'am changing a bit my setup. Until now i had a proxmox vm dedicated as docker host. I had a plex docker container.
Due to difficulties and lack of support for hardware acceleration i moved my plex setup in a lxc container.
In 5 min i was able to setup hardware acceleration.
But now i'm wondering what is the best way to access my media files hosted on a synology nas.
When i was using docker i mounted smb share in the proxmox vm (ie the docker host) and bind mount that in docker container. These mounts are still in use as the docker host has other containers which need access to these shares.
What is the best way to access these share ? Managing files permissions is really a mess between synology and container.

caplam

Dec 12, 2018
Finally i added cifs share in fstab. I don't why i thought it was not possible in lxc containers.
I still have to manage permissions as i have several apps writing on these shares and it's quite unclear to me how to manage uid/gid mapping.