Plex Pass discounts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Love me some plex. I bought lifetime when it was $75 and the service has blown up since. Massively worth the $120 price tag. Though, i've noticed its rather difficult to use locally when you dont have an internet connection and your house is split up on different subnets, but that could just be my lack of networking experience.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks jumped on this as well, probably sent 2-3 yrs of monthly $5 so this'll pay off quick!

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
Love me some plex. I bought lifetime when it was $75 and the service has blown up since. Massively worth the $120 price tag. Though, i've noticed its rather difficult to use locally when you dont have an internet connection and your house is split up on different subnets, but that could just be my lack of networking experience.
They've done it this way on purpose, by forcing all users to log in to their server before you can access yours - even if it is for local use only. The only way to avoid this is to enable non-authenticated access, and manually enter your internal subnets.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
They've done it this way on purpose, by forcing all users to log in to their server before you can access yours - even if it is for local use only. The only way to avoid this is to enable non-authenticated access, and manually enter your internal subnets.
There should absolutely be a way to authenticate locally :mad:

Reactions: Cybertron

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
is the lifetime pass transferable?
Officially no. However, if planning for this scenario before you purchase just setup a separate email account only for use with the plex subscription...then when you want to transfer if, give the email to the new person.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Officially no. However, if planning for this scenario before you purchase just setup a separate email account only for use with the plex subscription...then when you want to transfer if, give the email to the new person.
so, that means if my email account changes, for example if I leave my current ISP and forfeit my @cox.net email address, my lifetime membership is lost with it? or, can i change the email associated with my lifetime membership?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Like most web services you have a user account that your subscription is tied to. You associate an email with the account, but you can change that email address rather than creating a new account, so I think it should cover the scenario you are looking at.