Place your post asic Monero network hashrate bet.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
With the upcoming network update/fork I expect the hash rate to drop once the asic's go away.

As of about 5 minutes ago:

The 79% that is unknown is:
Asic's.
Private pools, both small and private pools for gpu farms.
Bot net.

That is amazing!! almost 80% of the total is unknown.

Now i'm guessing of that 814.97 Mh/s about 1/4 are the bots, about 1/8 are private pools and the rest are the Asic's.

So i'm guessing almost 50% of the unknown , about 500 Mh/s, is what will disappear from the network hashrate after the update/fork.

It's a complete guess based on rumors and probably wrong "facts" seen online.

So my guess is the total network hash rate will be at 524 Hh/s or less in the next couple of weeks, and to be honest I think it will be lower than that but anytime I guess I always guess too low so I added some to my "official" guess.

What is your guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: mavie21 and pgh5278

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I'm gonna guess close to 60%. That's if the ASIC specs are anywhere close to reality (200KH @ 550w??). But I am not gonna be the one to find out!

Switching gears, I'm currently running the cryptonight_universal docker image, what's the best way to upgrade to v7 when it is released?

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
I'm gonna guess close to 60%. That's if the ASIC specs are anywhere close to reality (200KH @ 550w??). But I am not gonna be the one to find out!

Switching gears, I'm currently running the cryptonight_universal docker image, what's the best way to upgrade to v7 when it is released?
xmrig has yet to PR the enhancement v7 branch to master. same with xmr-stak I think. So it should all work fine whenever those changes are put into master for those projects.

Config may need to be changed, but I think it defaults to v7 from now on.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I think I was a little bit conservative in my guess, if Sumo is an indicator. It dropped to less than %20 of the hash from before the fork.

So maybe 200 mhs?

I just updated my miners and updated the Monero gui wallet, the wallet is VERY nice and much more polished than before.

Tomorrow is a GO!!

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
Some people are doing the math based on the last 20 blocks after the big fork. Current estimate is ~160MH/s on the new fork. Old Asic chain is being rebranded to XMR Classic (XMC) some say.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I think I was a little bit conservative in my guess, if Sumo is an indicator. It dropped to less than %20 of the hash from before the fork.

So maybe 200 mhs?

I just updated my miners and updated the Monero gui wallet, the wallet is VERY nice and much more polished than before.

Tomorrow is a GO!!
Of course we also weren't factoring in the drop in hash rates due to the new algorithm. Makes sense though...