Pitstop's ssd jbod tower?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
I think you could roll your own JBOD box similar for about half that price.
SilverStone KL06B-W Black Computer Case - Newegg.com
has 8x internal 2.5" bays, plus 2 5.25" external bays, would give upto 24x 2.5" bays using
Athena Power BP-15827SAC an 1 x 5.25" External Drive Bay to 8 x 2.5" SSD / HDD Hot-Swap SAS / SATA Backplane Module - Transfer Rate Up to 6 Gbps SAS (I, II) / SATA (I, II, III) - Drive Thickness Up to - OEM - Newegg.com
add a power supply and a few other bits for around $300.
Or, if you don't really need the full theoretical performance of 16x ssd, and are looking to rack mount anyway, look at a netapp ds2246, which used to be available ready to roll for <$100 on ebay. now look like about $120 shipped complete except for drives. The qsfp->SFF-8088 cable will run you about $40 on ebay, depending on length.
There are other versions of the netapp(xyratex) box, such as the compellent sc220, that are more expensive...

Reactions: denywinarto

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
I think you could roll your own JBOD box similar for about half that price.
SilverStone KL06B-W Black Computer Case - Newegg.com
has 8x internal 2.5" bays, plus 2 5.25" external bays, would give upto 24x 2.5" bays using
Athena Power BP-15827SAC an 1 x 5.25" External Drive Bay to 8 x 2.5" SSD / HDD Hot-Swap SAS / SATA Backplane Module - Transfer Rate Up to 6 Gbps SAS (I, II) / SATA (I, II, III) - Drive Thickness Up to - OEM - Newegg.com
add a power supply and a few other bits for around $300.
Or, if you don't really need the full theoretical performance of 16x ssd, and are looking to rack mount anyway, look at a netapp ds2246, which used to be available ready to roll for <$100 on ebay. now look like about $120 shipped complete except for drives. The qsfp->SFF-8088 cable will run you about $40 on ebay, depending on length.
There are other versions of the netapp(xyratex) box, such as the compellent sc220, that are more expensive...
thanks guys, i think i'll be getting athena's backplane, already have the casing, it should fit in this right?
NZXT Tempest 410 Review